Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Both of My Ovaries Are Sore.......

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
I only weigh about 110 lbs, i've always had fairly flat abs, but now I can actualy see (what I think) are my swolen ovaries and they're both sore. Boobs are tender too. I took a home pregnacy test... Negative. I'm having an ultrasound in a few days. About two months ago I colapsed in my kitchen from pain, went to emergency, gave me drugs, sent me home. Has anything simalar happened to anyone else? Ovarian cyst or should I be more concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Hi it does sound as if it could be an ovarian cyst, although it must be quite a big one to make u collapse any cyst will show up on a scan or if its large enough your doctor should be able to feel it through your abdomen, if u lie on your back and take a deep breath in and at the same time press down where it is hurting you its possible u could feel it yourself if there is a cyst I could with mine, it hurt a bit when I pressed in and you can feel it move as you press down. If you feel anything or are in a lot of pain or start to bleed and its not your period I would go back to the doctor straightaway. Hope everythings okay
|

replied February 7th, 2004
I Agree
. I have had cysts on more then one occasion. Each time I ended up doubled over in pain while they busted. Each time that I have had one I have gone to Dr. Sent for ultrasound but because of our health sytem and the long wait here in canada they have busted before my surgery date. In a way it was better this way as the anesetic makes me very ill. They can grow to a very large size and get more painful as the grow it seems to me. Good luck. Meg
|

replied February 10th, 2004
I've Had An Ultrasound
Well today I went in to have some ultasounds. I say plural because apparently my doctor ordered both a pelvis and an abdomen ultrasound. One you need to have a completly empty bladder and stomach (pelvis) and the other you need to drink 4 cups of water 1 hour before. None of this was explained to me when I made the appointment. So last night I made an "executive" desission to fast for the first one and drink the water at the clinic in the morning. This was unexceptable to the "clinic" and they only performed the abdomen ultrasound. It was completly useless...... The pelvis ultrasound was the one that looks at my uterus, ovaries etc. Which is where my problem lies. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger every day. I was needless to say..... Pissed off.

It seems to me that obviously when patients are coming into these kind of clinics, that for the most part it's because we're not well, we're sick. I felt disrespected and like I was dealing with customer service at some department store, (i mean no disrespect to any of you that work in this area)

it almost ruined my day.... But it didn't. Thankfully I had my beautiful son with me. And we decided to add to our little family and purchase a hamster whome he's named "elvis".

I guess I just needed to vent a little to you fellow readers and posters. I suppose there's nothing for me to do but wait another two weeks to find out what kind of abnormal growth is imbedding itself into my body.

Luv
fairysweetie
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
My friend had the same problem and it did make her collapse...It was a cyst on her ovaries that burst. Hope u get better soon!

~sara~
|

replied February 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I know what you mean. You go to the hospital or doctor to find out what is wrong and hopefully make it better and they treat you like s@#$ I hate it, but it happens.
As for the rest of it, are you going to reschedule the pelvic ultrasound? You really need to. At age 19, my mother had an ovarian cyst the size of an orange. They luckily found it before it burst, but it could have caused severe damage otherwise. So, try to reschedule and I wish you luck!
|

replied February 16th, 2004
Still Waiting For Answers....
Well my doc called and would like to see me about some of the ultrasound results. I'm thinking this can't be good, because they only call when there's something wrong to tell. They never ask you to come in to tell you everythings great. But I guess i've been expecting this. Plus, yes I am still to have another ultrasound in about a week.

As for an update on the pain... Still there, feel like crampy and bloaty and nausaus. I've finished my period, and started a new cycle of bc pills. I now think I have what might be a bladder infection? I'll go and see the doc tomorrow.
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Don't worry too much. It could be something simple. They may have found a cyst on your ovary (you can tell from a normal ultrasound and without the pelvic. The pelvic ultrasound gives them a much better view.) but good luck and let us know what happens!
|

replied February 17th, 2004
I Have Some News...
I have some news... I shall start a new topic

luv fairysweetie
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Experienced User
What news? Hurry up dont keep us all in suspense
|