Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Pubic Mound, Labia Surgery Etc....... (Page 1)

From the age of 13 (now 19) ive been aware of the ugly shape of my body...I have a large pubic mound (the front bit that is supposed to protect you during sex) so when I stand sideways it makes me look like a man. Noticeable in any clothes...Although a have 1 child my fiance has never seen me....They only person who has was the midwife...And I was reluctant to that. I never wear clothes that show it...I always wear long tops....But they are usually big t-shirts that dont show me to be the woman I am. I cry all the time because of it and would love to get rid of it. I would love anyone to come forward with replies...On your thoughts, whether you had it done, and what it was like having it done. Also as im from england and I think most of you are american, what did it cost you to have it done and where did you have it done. Sorry for the long ramblings but im so desperate to have it done!.....Moneys tight and id just like to know if it a possibility for me....I dont want to be depressed forever!
Also because of the large size...I have quite a large 'hood' and im getting a few sores in there (abit like heatspots) and would love to know if its the mound that is causing these problems would the doctor refer me to have an operation for it to be removed???
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1922
|
Users who thank misstiny for this post: Littlemiss85 

replied March 3rd, 2007
hey, im also 19 and suffer from a pubic mound. It too aslo has and does affect my sex life, as im reluctant to let anyone see me naked. But I have recently been on the Harley Medical Group website a top leading cosmetic surgery clinic. I requested a brochuere and got it today. In all honesty I got so I can look into breast surgery, but was delighted to see they do cosmetic surgery on the pubic mound. Its worth getting a brochuere and loooking into it as I will. Hope this helps you in some way.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 1st, 2007
Hi
I also have this problem. I hate it. I never let anyone see me naked, ever. Besides like you in childbirth. I have had this problem since highschool for the most part. It is THE most embarrassing thing ever. I can't wear a bathing suit or refuse to is more like. I also am wondering about surgery and how to go about it and also how much it cost. Have you found anything out?
|
Users who thank catchmeifyoucan for this post: Littlemiss85 

replied June 13th, 2007
Re: Hi
catchmeifyoucan wrote:
I also have this problem. I don't like it. I never let anyone see me naked, ever. Besides like you in childbirth. I have had this problem since highschool for the most part. It is THE most embarrassing thing ever. I can't wear a bathing suit or refuse to is more like. I also am wondering about surgery and how to go about it and also how much it cost. Have you found anything out?

I feel the same way too. When I had a c-section with my second child that's when I noticed my pubic mound was huge because of the swelling. It's been 7 years and the swelling is still there. I'am mortified because is the fact that I can not have a regular sex life. I hate it when my boyfriend comments how fat my valuables are. I have to wear long blouses or t- shirts to cover that mound because it bulges out of my clothes. I hate to see myself naked and I feel so insecure. I hope some one can come up with some reference. Is hard to look this subject on the internet.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied July 24th, 2007
Everyone seems so helpless about this. I didn't have this particular surgery, but I did have labiaplasty. The surgeon, Dr. Pamela Loftus in Boca Raton, FL, also did liposuction of the mons pubis. This is what you need to look for--liposuction of the mons pubis(I hope that's spelled right). I think there's plenty of hope for you to be comfortable with yourselves. Good luck with everything!
|

replied April 17th, 2008
I too have the same problem and thought that I was the only one. I can't wear fitted trousers because of the 'man bulge' that I have and wear long baggy t-shirts in order to cover up. I never expected anyone to write their thoughts about this subject. I too am on a tight budget as I am putting myself through university but would love the confidence to wear a shorter t-shirt and trousers which actually fit instead of big baggy ones. Can anyone tell me if they have found out prices yet as I would love to know. Thanks.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
I have been struggling with this same problem since i was very little. Always felt like the odd one of my friends because i had that extra fat area. I saw on Dr. 90210 that a young woman got this done so i approached my mom for the first time about it and started to cry. I never told anyone about my true feelings on this issue. She started to cry and saw how much it meant to me. I got smartlipo in Decemember but the docter performed it first on me, she just got the machine and i was the guinea pig but she had been doing regular liposuctionf or years so the only difference was the lazr part and a certifed nurse was there. I didnt see a change in anything i think she was scared to go to rough or take too much out. Recovery took 6 weeks for my body to get back to normal. I then got a touch up 2 weeks ago, and boy did she not give it to me easy ( you are awake for smartlipo but numbed) I love my new results execpt for one side of my pubic area is very hard and patruding more =(...bigger than last time =(...but the other side is perfect...also i got my stomach done and i have a huge lump that hangs over on the oppisite side. So i am very uneven. Its just two weeks so hopefully its still swelled and that ultrasound will correct them. I dont want to say i wish i didnt do it because i was not happy before, but i will keep you updated...Hope this helps!
|

replied July 8th, 2009
I have this problem also. I'm 21 and have only slept with one person because of my insecurities, and would only do it in the dark. I desperately want to be more confident and be able to go on dates and have a normal sex life, and wear tight skirts or swimming costumes etc. I have wanted this and a labioplasty for as long as I can remember, but have only recently found out that they are recognised procedures. It really has taken away all my self confidence and made me feel so inadequate and embarrassed. I am also in university so all I have is my student loan and part time job. Please will someone let us know the kind of prices, and also, can you get a medical loan if you are not in full time work? If so I would be very eager to have it done but somehow I don't think it's likely. Sad
|

replied January 21st, 2012
To all the girls
Why not ask a guys opinion. If ur guy loves u then he wont care. In fact he probably will think its sexy - like most guys do.
Remember that if u r the only one who knows about it, so how can u accurately judge if guys like it or not? Most guys I know would love to have a girl with a large mound. Personally I would love if my wife had a bigger mound, juicier lips. But thats the way she was made and I love and accept her either way -
Stop being a prisoner to your insecurity. Don't let an opinion (even your own) prevent your from enjoying life. Live out of your own spirit, not out of what others "may" think. Plus anyone that loves you will accept you as you are. Besides its just one more thing that makes you interesting.
|

replied January 21st, 2012
why not ask a guys opinion. If ur guy loves u then he wont care. In fact he probably will think its sexy - like most guys do.
Remember that u r the only one who knows about it, so how can u accurately judge if guys like it or not? Most guys I know would love to have a girl with a large mound. Personally I would love if my wife had a bigger mound, juicier lips. But thats the way she was made and I love and accept her either way.
Stop being a prisoner to your insecurity. Don't let an opinion (even your own) prevent your from enjoying life. Live out of your spirit, not out of your mind. Plus anyone that loves you will accept you as you are.
|

replied August 14th, 2009
I never thought I'd see so many posts on "unhappy labia" girls. I had my lips reduced but looking at your post I am not sure if that is what bugs you.
|

replied January 10th, 2010
pubis mound
i saw a plastic surgeon in uk who said lipo is not the answer as it will just leave loose skin An op is the only answer -an upside down tummy tuck basically Cost ���£4000 (2009)
|

replied February 15th, 2010
sf61 hello
Please tell me what doctor you saw and where it was as I am also in the UK and I am 38 now and have been this way since I was as young as 10.
It has ruined mmy life, totally.
I have 2 children with my ex husband and im now re married and I would rather die than my husband see what a disgusting huge mons I have.
PLEASE PLEASE can you tell me the doctors name and area.
Any ladies with the same problem I would LOVE to talk to and I am almost certain I have the biggest ever, it is the size of half a grapefruit and I look deformed.
Thank you all for being able to share this horrible problem as it makes me feel less alone xxxx
|
Users who thank 1922 for this post: Littlemiss85  purplesky09 

replied April 2nd, 2010
A different view point
Do you know that not all men like the same thing? I am a man who stumbled upon this site looking for pictures of women with a nice showy pubic mound. So many of you are convinced that you are not attractive that you never give yourself a chance to find out that you really are.

In fact entire web sites are dedicated to women with large pubic mounds. You might not be comfortable with them but they point out a truth. Many men consider you special, sexy, and beautiful.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
wonders
I also have a perturding pubic mound. but see I come from a family that most of the women are all like that. I ask my mother if its normal and what not but shes liek that some men enjoy it and its sexy to them. im only 20 and i want to wear cute bathing suits and lingerie...
If you cant afford the surgery i feel like you just have to embrace it
when guys have performed oral sex I feel like im going to die. like i might suffocate them down there

i just wish i had more information on this situation that has affected me
|
Users who thank snm188 for this post: Littlemiss85 

replied May 5th, 2010
jennygirl6
replied August 14th, 2009
I never thought I''d see so many posts on "unhappy labia" girls. I had my lips reduced but looking at your post I am not sure if that is what bugs you.----
Jenny, what everyone is talking about here is not labia, it is the Pubic mound, which is that the lower pubic area, your pubis, where your hair grows, on the front part of your body, not down like the labia. and trust me, I would probably rather have the labia problem than this. I am 34 years old, and I''ve had this problem since my early teens, yes it is very very embarrassing, you can''t wear nice jeans or even sweat pants because it shows a "bulk" in there, it is frustrating and hits your self-esteem big time, I have been married for 7 years and my husband never gets tired of telling me I am beautiful but I do not feel that way, I do not feel sexy because of my huge pubic mound. I''ve been researching and yes I''ve found the best option is to go for liposuction and then, if the problem is really big (you know what I mean) you have to go for the little extra skin removal which I would gladly do too...and yeah before I begin to dream I should look into prices... Good luck girls I am sure You all are beautiful and in a way I''m glad I am not alone on this, I also thought I was a freak or like the only woman in the world with this problem.
|
Users who thank filona for this post: Littlemiss85  purplesky09 

replied May 6th, 2010
Oh my god, i'm so glad to see other people have the same problem as me!
I dont even have to describe what it looks like or how sh@t i feel because you are all describing EXACTLY how i feel every day!
From age 5 i noticed i was "big and sticky out" down there-it wasnt long before i knew i was totally different and felt a complete freak. My holidays each year were an absolute nightmare for me- my mum would drag me around the city choosing bathing suits and would make me try them on and i would literally die with embarrassment. Swimming lessons at school were a total nightmare.
My life is basically a total mess over this. I can get through parts of the day, or start getting happy, and suddenly i will remember how i am down there and i just cry and cry. I self harm because of it, and i totally refuse to go out anymore. I just sit in my house all day long depressed and feeling like the ugliest piece of crap in the world Sad I literally only wear baggy pj bottoms (even jogging bottoms show it really bad) and long baggy t shirts. I look at girls strutting around in tight little shorts or leggings and im so jealous i literally cant think. I refuse to have sex anymore, i totally refuse for my other half to even touch me as im so terrified of someone knowing whats wrong there! It would kill me!
When i was in labour, about 40 minutes before i physically gave birth i went to the doctor crying and pushing- i REFUSED to let them see me as i was so embarrassed... i really did wait before i was screaming and physically pushing him out before i let them examine me. It was so embarassing. I refuse to go for smears because i am mortified about the nurse seeing me there.
Some people on here have said "learn to love yourself" but blah! Probably said by someone who doesnt have this problem. When you feel "wrong" there it just totally destroys you, it really does.
Getting this sorted is all i think about, day and night. I want it so badly. I could never get out a loan as because of this and few other reasons i dont work due to depresison, so i really have no chance of getting this sorted. Sometimes i think about begging my relatives for the money, but im too mortified to tell them whats wrong, i would probably rather hang myself!!! ARGH!!!!
Would love to hear from someone who has had this sorted or has this problem- maybe it would help to know others have the same problem.
Smile
|

replied May 6th, 2010
i just want to thank you all for posting...i was the main poster...all the way back in 2007!! ive had another baby since, and looked into the surgery a few years ago....just wondering if any of you have had it done now or have looked into it more, i was also told it would have to be lipo (which starts at £4000) then u would be left with saggy skin which would look worse than the mound itself...so you would also have to have corrective surgery on that. i can tell u now, going to be examined was the most scariest n embarassing thing i had to do, but i just had to do it coz i didnt want to be stuck like that forever.

then i thought...if i have that done, i have large labia that would have to be sorted to make it all look even down there, to match the new flat mound. but ive heard that men prefer larger labia because they get more feeling from it. so im scared to get anything done now just in case my other-half doesnt like the change n starts to effect our sex life.
i hate myself!!!
|

replied May 6th, 2010
Oh god are you serious?? About the surgery leaving you all saggy skinned?
Thats made me feel worse!! Sad But then stuff it, i'd rather have saggy skin, at least you cant see that through clothes!!!
I kept thinking Lipo on that area would be about £3000... cant afford that so dont know how to afford £4000!!!

My partner was in alot of debt and sorted himself out... he's looking into getting another loan, well as a possibility... i dont know whether to go for it....
It would mean this could go which is brilliant and everything i want! But then, i couldnt cope with the stress and anxiety of paying it all back, as we used to seriously struggle!
Its poo!
Am now going to email some surgeons and see what they say...

CONGRATS ON BABY!!!
x
|

replied May 6th, 2010
thank you!

yeah i know what u mean..its a HELL of alot of money to me...we are currently saving up for a wedding, and just saving £5000 seems impossible at the minute, something else always needs paying for.....then i feel selfish for wanting to spend a large sum of money on myself when i have two kids and a fiance'' to look after, that money could buy them something.
i hate the way i am, and i want to change more than anything, but for now i have to put my family first, its just not fair on them.
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
Re: Pubic Mound, Labia Surgery Etc.......
misstiny wrote:
From the age of 13 (now 19) ive been aware of the ugly shape of my body...I have a large pubic mound (the front bit that is supposed to protect you during sex) so when I stand sideways it makes me look like a man. Noticeable in any clothes...Although a have 1 child my fiance has never seen me....They only person who has was the midwife...And I was reluctant to that. I never wear clothes that show it...I always wear long tops....But they are usually big t-shirts that dont show me to be the woman I am. I cry all the time because of it and would love to get rid of it. I would love anyone to come forward with replies...On your thoughts, whether you had it done, and what it was like having it done. Also as im from england and I think most of you are american, what did it cost you to have it done and where did you have it done. Sorry for the long ramblings but im so desperate to have it done!.....Moneys tight and id just like to know if it a possibility for me....I dont want to be depressed forever!

Also because of the large size...I have quite a large 'hood' and im getting a few sores in there (abit like heatspots) and would love to know if its the mound that is causing these problems would the doctor refer me to have an operation for it to be removed???

Thanks

Hi There,

Hey ... don't worry about Your Pubic mond being BIG . . . . . Most Guys LOVE IT.
I'm 19 (I'll be 20 in December). I have a pretty average one, but until I was about 15, mine was HUGE !!! . . . It was a real turn on for me, because all the guys stared at it. I loved it. I didn't get Pubic Hair until I was 16 or 17 (some Hormonal thing), so my beautiful Sex Object was So Obvious. My Vulval Lips have always been sort of a normal size and smooth. Also my Labia is ... well ... Attractive I think ... Smile If you have Pubic hair, Shave it off so your Mound can be seen with all it's beauty. Don't hide it: Wear Sexy clothes and a See-Through Bikini. Enjoy what you have. As for the size of your Vaginal Opening, I also used Masturbation to Stretch it. Don't Worry, you'll be able to have Sex and take in Any Size Penis .... Your Vagina will Stretch with Excitement during Foreplay. Use Plenty of Lubrication such as KY JELLY: You can also use Egg White (not the Yolk), and also Saliva. Buy some CONDOMS and place one over a Peeled Banana and Insert that in and out to start with. use your fingers with a Condom over them too.

Good Luck Smile
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Tired of being sick and tired.
My mound is so big it looks like i have a base ball in my panies. my whole life i'am 30 now and always had to wear baggy cloths and hide my body . i'am to the point of not wanting to live. I can't even really have a healthy relationship i have even been told no man would want me if i cant even get naked for him.
|
12 >>