Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Ovarian Cysts and Diane 35

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
i have a problem of "Ovarian Cyst".
2.8cm * 2.0cm (right)
2.7cm * 2.6cm (left)
this all started after marriage.i had been married since & years.due to my unhealthy relation with my husband,i had taken 4 times abortion in starting years.
but now my Doctor had suggested me a medicine "DAINE 35 tablets" for both things, 1.birth control and 2.curing cysts.
what do u think, will these medicines will control birth and also are they effective to cure the cysts

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2007
Birth Control Answer A2198
Diane 35 will probably neutralize the problem with the birth control because using oral contraceptives is one of the most efficient contraceptive methods. Oral contraceptives have an efficiency rate greater than 99%. At your age, (24), ovarian cysts are usually functional and they usually disappear spontaneously after 2-3 months. If an ovarian cyst is greater than 5cm in diameter, however, or if it does not disappear after 3 months... it should be considered for an operation. Oral contraceptives can be given during the time of monitoring.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.