Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Can I Be Producing Breast Milk Already?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Shocked ok so me & my hubby have been ttc for 5mo.Im on day 21. My periods are 28 days. I noticed a small amount of white liquid come out of my nipple during a self examination. It was a very small amount less than a drop. Is it normal? Can this be breast milk do you think this is an early sign of pregnancy? Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2007
I would go and see a doc as it can indicate a possible problem (don't want to scare you but best to make sure!). I've heard of things like nipple rings causing that (happened to to a friend). It can also be caused by drugs etc also. It would be too early to produce breast milk at your stage I would have thought, and in any case you normally produce a yellow liquid called colostrum until the baby is born (at which point you produce milk). I found a link for you but please don't read too much into it - i'm sure its nothing to worry about!!

Http://www.Healthsquare.Com/fgwh/wh1ch01p3 .Htm

see your doc asap just to be safe and to put your mind at rest
|

replied January 22nd, 2007
jayb wrote:
i would go and see a doc as it can indicate a possible problem (don't want to scare you but best to make sure!). I've heard of things like nipple rings causing that (happened to to a friend). It can also be caused by drugs etc also. It would be too early to produce breast milk at your stage I would have thought, and in any case you normally produce a yellow liquid called colostrum until the baby is born (at which point you produce milk). I found a link for you but please don't read too much into it - i'm sure its nothing to worry about!!

Thank you for the great link. I called my doctor and made an appointment to check things out.

Http://www.Healthsquare.Com/fgwh/wh1ch01p3 .Htm

see your doc asap just to be safe and to put your mind at rest
|