Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Scalp Pimple Or Bump

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm 25 years old and I noticed a small pimple-like bump on the back of my head on my scalp. I didn't really think anything to it, thinking it was a bug bite or something in that nature. Well it's been months and it has gotten bigger, feeling more and more like a pimple, as in wasn't smooth on top, felt like it had a head. It doesn't hurt or itch.

Finally, I wanted to see what it was so I tried to pick at it... Eventually I just popped it, but it wasn't like popping a pimple. It came out semi-solid, kinda sticky, white with some dark spots (where the head was) and it had an odor to it. It came out the same size as it was on my scalp. I have no clue what it is and want to know if it will come back. I was thinking wart, pimple... Something like that but I can't find any info on it. Does anyone out there know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Scalp Pimple or Bump
I am not a doctor or nurse, but it sounds like it was a boil. I have had them reoccur but not frequently.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2009
Lump
I also have 3 small bumps on my scalp, one is larger then the other two, that are firm, round, and tight. I just recently had them checked by my family doctor, who said they were a sebaceuos cyst or pilar cyst. They form when a hair follicle on your head gets blocked, or something like that. She referred me to the dermatologist, so I could get them removed by the laser! They will send them away to get biopsy to make sure not cancerous!! They say when you pop them, a white, thick, foul smelling ooze comes out. Sounds like what you had.
|

replied June 25th, 2011
i also had the same problem its something like pimple on the scalp but copmparitively bigger in size and the potion of hair falls the skin become smooth i have this problem since one year it reduces in winter and increases in summer
|

replied June 25th, 2011
i also had the same problem its something like pimple on the scalp but copmparitively bigger in size and the potion of hair falls the skin become smooth i have this problem since one year it reduces in winter and increases in summer iam very tensed it also gives pain and and a white viscous fluid came from it when i pop it please help me if you can
|