Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Blister On Vagina Lip (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have a blister on my vagina lip.. Its only one but I notice that it comes often. I had one about 2 weeks ago on the other lip. I got tested last month for std but I didnt have any and I only have sex with my fiance so what can it be. They itch really bad and the skin eventually comes off then grows back and it heals. Should I get tested again for std?? What can it be.
Thx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 88374
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2007
Supporter
how do I give myself a gse (genital self-examination)

start by spreading your pubic hair apart with your fingers. Carefully look for any bumps, sores, or blisters on the skin. Sometimes the bumps or blisters may be red, at other times they may be light-colored. They may even look like pimples. Bumps and blisters sometimes develop into open sores. If you see anything that resembles a sore, blister or bump, see a health care provider.

source..

Http://www.Health.Arizona.Edu/health_topic s/sexual_health/gse.Html#women

please see your doctor!
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Thx
Thx for replying and yes I will see my doctor and get tested for any stds again, I just got tested so I dont understand what it could be, thx I will let u know how it goes
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
Blister on Vagina Lips
Did you get tested? I'm suffering from the same symptoms and I'm scared and embaressed to go to the doctor.
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
You do REALLY need to get tested ASAP.
The issue is, you could be spreading it to others via toilet seats, anything you sit on that comes into contact with that area. Not only spreading the disease or condition, but the condition itself will worsen.
SO PLEASE GO GET TREATED.
There is a health department in your state that is WILLING to give you free/reduced attention. I have had many acquaintances go get plan B and tested, for FREE. They will also direct you to the correct divisions for medical attention, if it may be a situation they cannot handle.
|

replied August 6th, 2010
I have the same problem. Usually about the time of my period I get painful blisters on the outside vaginal lips. I have been tested several times for STDs and was panic stricken tinking it was herpes. My doctor has assured me it's not. I usually use neosporin and/ or rubbing alcohol which helps dry them up and heal faster. Still, no one seems to know for sure what causes them other than hormones and/ tight fitting clothes (which I am guilty of). Weird it only happens once a month or so.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Wow, I never knew that someone else could be going through the same exact thing as I am. Wheew what a relief. I was afraid of going to the doctor also, thinking I had herpes or another kind of std. Thank GOD no stds found. This is kind of weird that it only happens during my period & its not an std. Thanks for sharing this, I feel better knowing that Im not alone.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
You maybe allergic to sanitary pads. I had the same thing...I switched my pads to hyp-allergenic and viola! No more break outs. And be careful of the tampon strings to because those also broke me out. Hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2012
I have had some of the same symptoms but i find that it only comes around my period! It comes from the sanitary napkins u use! Be careful cause the cheap ones are usually the ones that do it for me! Try switchin them up! Im sure it will help
|

replied February 3rd, 2013
I totally agree.....I get tested yearly and have always had negative results....Was concerned auto why i would get blisters on my area every now and then but I never linked it to my period until now....thanks for helping me realize I am fine because I would get stressed and freak out. Hmmm now Im wondering if there is a way to prevent it.....?
|

replied June 20th, 2011
has anyone found out what it is yet bc i have the same problem
|

replied June 15th, 2012
You maybe allergic to sanitary pads. I had the same thing...I switched my pads to hyp-allergenic and viola! No more break outs. And be careful of the tampon strings to because those also broke me out. Hope this helps.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 20th, 2012
I went to the doctor yesterday for the same problem I was sooo scared I thought it was a std but it was a vaginal infection from using different type of soap in sitting in the tub.
|

replied July 2nd, 2011
Help
OMG I am having the same problem and it also comes around the same time I come on my period, please can some one tell me what it is, and I am clear of all STD's.........
|

replied June 15th, 2012
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied August 2nd, 2012
Have you tried to pop it? I know it may not be the best idea, but if you have been tested, then you would technically have nothing to worry about.

Evidently this awful HPV can lay dormant in the body for 1-8 months, just like HIV/AIDS, this auto-immune disease can lay dormant for up to six (6) months.
It could be that, just to let you know, if you continue to have sexual contact, it will spread to others eventually.
|

replied July 5th, 2011
Me too!! It feels so sore vaginal seems to sooth it but I only need to touch it and it burns. I'm way to shy to go doctors and Realy don't think it's herpes. I got it just as I came on my period And day4 and still sore. It don't seem to be healing and I'm Realy worried. It may be tight underwear but all week I've wore cotton and it's not got better just the same and sore to the slightest touch. It's not stickybout hard like a blister on foot. I'm so scared
|

replied July 25th, 2011
No one has found out what it is yet? I am just as scared.
|

replied August 1st, 2011
It's best to go to the Dr. when the sores are visible that way they can get a swab from the sores itself. Herpes is the most common std b/c so many people have it and they don't know what it is. Even though your sexual partner uses a condom there is still a chance of catching it b/c herpes is transferred by skin to skin to contact. With herpes you tend to feel a tingling feeling on onset and as quickly as it comes it heals and go away in about 1 week or so. You should never be scared to talk to your Dr. about your health no matter how bad or embarrassing you think it may be, after all it's about you getting the help you need to treat the issue. The more up front you are in talking to your Dr. the more they are able to help you in figuring out what it really is.

Hope this helps
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
Great answer, and although most of the girls claim the've been tested for herpes and its not, I think they need to show their doctor the actual sore/blister so that the can be diagnosed properly. This is why it's going untreated and being spread to one another.
|

replied August 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, here is something u might try;
so if this happens usually only at menses when your immune system it disrupted
go to vitamin store and buy highest culture count Pro-Biotics so u can take 100 BILLION cultures daily and take soon as happens OR soon as it starts OR as menses starts AND take for about 1 week and it may go away or not happen
can't hurt u, will help u
good luck
|

replied September 12th, 2011
Hi
I am 48 now and from when i was 24 I started getting problems down below which are very simpler to your problem after 10 years of hospital visits I was diagnosed with linchen sclerosis , this is a horrible thing to have but can be kept under control beware of steroid cream though I have just had a terrible reaction to it after all this years . Hope this helps
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
Hi I'm 20 and had my first bout of these blister like spots last year. It really shocked me and upset me, as i thought i had an STI. I rushed to the GUM clinic and was told that I didn't have one, and I also don't have herpes, despite being checked out for that many times as I am prone to cold sores every year. I have an auto immune disease (stills disease) and I get a LOT of complications with it. I explained this to them and they concluded that It was because I was very run down at the time etc. They referred me to get them checked out however after a matter of days they had disappeared. I thought nothing of it until this week, when I discovered some slightly painful and itchy spots around my back end now... I'm wondering if this is linked now and I am panicking a little. I have also had numerous amounts of water infections in the past year in which I have had countless courses of antibiotics for. It's always a sort of gnawing pain, being painful to pass water, and it can be itchy, and sharp pains too, it can feel as if its burning. I also get dull aches in my back and where you would normally have a period pain. These problems need pinning down and treating! I was just writing to ask if anyone else has experienced things like these. I don't expect all being relative as seriously it's a joke how many health complications I have had in the past year due to the disease I have. Thanks.
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
Hi I'm 20 and had my first bout of these blister like spots last year. It really shocked me and upset me, as i thought i had an STI. I rushed to the GUM clinic and was told that I didn't have one, and I also don't have herpes, despite being checked out for that many times as I am prone to cold sores every year. I have an auto immune disease (stills disease) and I get a LOT of complications with it. I explained this to them and they concluded that It was because I was very run down at the time etc. They referred me to get them checked out however after a matter of days they had disappeared. I thought nothing of it until this week, when I discovered some slightly painful and itchy spots around my back end now... I'm wondering if this is linked now and I am panicking a little. I have also had numerous amounts of water infections in the past year in which I have had countless courses of antibiotics for. It's always a sort of gnawing pain, being painful to pass water, and it can be itchy, and sharp pains too, it can feel as if its burning. I also get dull aches in my back and where you would normally have a period pain. These problems need pinning down and treating! I was just writing to ask if anyone else has experienced things like these. I don't expect all being relative as seriously it's a joke how many health complications I have had in the past year due to the disease I have. Thanks.
|

replied December 10th, 2011
Hi, I have exactly all the same ailments as you and just wondered did you get to bottom?
|

replied December 10th, 2011
Hi, I have exactly all the same ailments as you and just wondered did you get to bottom?
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
I first recognized that something wasn't right last week after me and my partner had and I began to complain and I was told that I was over reacting. The pain became unbearable about a week later so I rushed to the clinic. She then found four little pulse filled blisters and informed me that it could be herpes. I immediately panicked and now I have to wait two weeks for my results to come back....I'm so nervous...someone please give me a piece of mind.
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2012
I have one on my lip too, but like It hurts & I don't know if i'm goin to have my period cause I might be Prego -____-
|

replied January 30th, 2012
hello
i get them atfer my priod and i always use the jelly stuff with the blue lid u can get it anywhere and i put it on every time i go potty so i hope u guys are ok
|

replied February 10th, 2012
Suspected herpes.
I just recently ha sex with my partner. I got tested 2 weeks ago and was clean, after having sex with my boyfriend twice (friday and saturday) monday i started to have pain/uncomfortable down in my vagina. He started to have burning while peeing. Eventualy bumps formed on my lips of vagina and i went to doctor. He goes to doctor today. The bumps are like blisters and whiteish sometimes on top. Im pretty sure its herpes but we fin out monday. I cried 2 days straight. If you have any types of bumps/sores go to doctor because they become painful fast and will spread. The doctor is there to elp. Im on medicine and still so uncomfortable and may have this for life. Like 80% of people have herpes and 50% of them dont know they do. You can carry the virus for years and without an outbreak it wont show up on std tests. Be careful. Alot of ppl hav it witout knowing and now i am stuxk with it. It sucks. If you have symptoms go to doctor or theyl only get worse.
|

replied August 9th, 2012
i had sexual intercorse for the first time tonight with my boyfriend of 8 weeks im only 15 but i didnt hurt and i didnt bleed but he did go all the way in :/
|

replied September 21st, 2013
They have to do a specific blood test for specific types (the 70% or so have herpes 1 it's really common and cold sores on the lips) herpes 2 is not so common around 20-25% and the reason it's spreads is because they say 80% of the population that has it claims they don't know it is and never asks for a specific blood test for it. I tend to believe most (like all the posters above) fear it so much they tend to dismiss it and if they did yearly blood tests more people would be informed instead of telling people they are clean and never have had anything (those are the people spreading it to all).
|
12 >>