Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Is It Possible to Have a Period And Be Pregnant?????? Help

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Can you have a period and still be pregnant? I was on the patch and the first day I started using it I had sex with my boyfriend and have everyday since then. I took it off on saturday and had sex. Usually in the past from pills I bleed throughout the whole time. And once before I was 1 month preg and didn't know and had been bleeding for a week. Is it poosible? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes it is very possible. You really need to take a test or see your doctor. Have you ever thought about trying a different type of contraceptive pill ?? There are so many, and each one is prescribed for cirmumstances like yours. The doctor can prescribe one that is a little stronger that will control the break through bleeding when you are not on a period.

Good luck.
|

replied February 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Its possible,but not likely....But if ur on b/c it may be diff. I agree, test* goodluck*
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Update!!!!
My so called period is over with...So now what do you think????
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Yes
Yes it is very possible to have a period and be pregnant. I think what you should do is take a test and go from there, but that is only if you think that you are pregnant.
|

replied February 9th, 2004
I Agree With Suzy
I think anouther form of bc might be a good idea. I'm a rn and i'm also pregnant and had bleeding during my first trimester, that turned out to be nothing but with many visits to the doctor. Bleeding during pregnancy can be normal but it's also abnormal. I would suggest you take a test and see your doc. Asap. Good luck!!
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Experienced User
I guess anything is possible...
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Well I haven't found out yet I am going to wait until next month to take a test just to be sure and if I don't start my period then I will know for sure. I'm trying not to psych myself out.
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Yes!It's possible to be pregnant and still have periods.It happened to me when I was 18.I had no idea I was pregnant,i always thought as long as you were still having periods it meant you weren't .So imagine my suprise when I started getting morning sickness,feeling faint,etc. And the doctor telling me I was gonna have a baby.I think I was 3 or 4 mo. Along before my periods stopped.
|

replied February 19th, 2004
Experienced User
My friend keeps telling me to take a test now, but I just want to make sure I don't start another period. I think I am pregnant because of my symptoms I will let everyone know when I find out though
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Anand J. Singh