Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Sprained Ankle

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem, my 12 yr old son fell on his ankle 7 days ago.. Took him to er and they said it is just sprained...Well 7 days later, his foot is still swollen and very black and blue, almost purple. The er doc told me to keep it wrapped with ace bandage and see how he is in 10 days if he is still complaing get a recheck on the xray...Well this boy is still very sore and swollen..Should I wait or demand a recheck xray now...Even the bottom of his foot is swollen..You cant even see the arch in his foot!!!! The doc told me not to worry..But I am worried...Any advice??? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I sure as hell wouldn't be wiating any longer - unless of course your son has been doing things (walking etc) that he was told not to do & that is the reason it's not better in which case tie your son down!! Otherwise though insist on another x-ray.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Yes, I also would insist an x-ray. They didn't take an xray to begin with? They should have done that first. How can they be positive it isn't broken w/out seeing an xray.

~sara~
|

They did take an xray...But they told me in children that it sometimes doesnt show up right away on an xray..They have to wait for it to calcify to show up on the xray
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Hmm...Yeah I would take him in again if hes having severe pain and swelling and brusing.

Sara
|

replied February 10th, 2004
I finally got them to send him to an orthopedic doc and wouldnt you know it his foot was broke!!!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov