Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Symptoms

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
Hi i'm enrico and i'm 20. I finally discoverd my sle two months ago. I am waiting the results of my mri to find out more about my neurological symptoms, in the meantime i'm taking plaquenil. My symptoms (fever, mouth ulcers, chest pain, headache, nausea, no appetite, photosensitivity, breathin' difficoulty...) are still here! I guess the basic cure is not necessarely solvin all the problems but my mother can't accept it, she thinks that we r doin somethin wrong if I still feel sick. What's your experience? How your medications affect your symptoms???????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2007
Hi enrico

i was diagnoised with lupus in 2000. The symptoms that you mentioned sounds very familiar. I never really changed my diet. Still ate what I ate. I was prescribed placqunil of 400mg a day. The doctors said that it would take about a month for it to start taking an effect. I had to stop my arobics classes because I was having a hard time with my breathing.... Never really went back after that. But did it on my own and at my own pace, and jogging came into play. Don't worry a whole lot... Do what doctors tell you.... But if you have doubts do ask questions. Remember no questions are stupid, ask them. Being stress out can also trigger your lupus so calm down. Do things that have a calming effect on you.
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Placqunil
I was diagnosed in 1997, and did not begin my placqunil treatment until 1999. I have been taking 400mg since 1999. Although it did take a little while to set in and take effect, it has been my savior medicine. I still have symptoms every now and then, but in the big picture have been able to live as if nothing is there. Hang in there ...
|