Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Heartbeat In Left Ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi, I am a 22 y/o female and I have been having this constant heartbeat in my left ear for about 4 months now. I believe it all started after I had a spinal tap and following that I had a epidural blood patch done. Im trying to figure out why all of this is happening. It gets louder and louder all the time and keeps me from going to bed at night. If anyone has any helpful information please feel free to relay it to me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lb30
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2007
Heartbeat Heard In Ears.
I had the same problem, everytime I would lay down to sleep I could hear my heartbeat so loud I couldn't sleep. I heard it in both ears but more so in one than the other.
2 things I did. First I changed my pillow from the down pillow I was using to a regular pillow. Second I started taking a low dose of hbp medicine.
I take 5mg of lisinpril.
Now I can sleep at night without hearing any heartbeats.
I don't know if this is relevent to your case but I thought it worth mentioning. I'll never use down pillows again. Lol

take care!
Debby Smile
|

replied January 28th, 2007
I have the same problem in my right ear. Woosh woosh woosh aaaggghhh!!! My doctor says my eustachian tube is stuck in the closed position?? He said take decongestants. But so far its not helping any!! Mad
|

replied January 17th, 2012
Has anything improved thruout the years? My doc told me the same thing and to take allergy meds to "dry" the moisture in my inner ear. Well, duh, I'm on high blood pressure medication and not suppose to take allergy meds.
Doc just shrugged her shoulders. Guess there is no answer.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
pounding heart beat in my left ear
Hi there
I was sitting at my computer playing a game when I heard my heart pounding in my left ear and I could also feel it at the same time, I cannot describe the feeling but it was loud, the funny part is it dosent bother me it actually fasinates me, this is the third time I have experienced this and the only medication I am on is lovan for depression which I have been on for ten years, it has started in the last year I am 51
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
heart beat in my ear
I hear my heart beat all the time I fill that is not normal it is possible that it could be the back wall of your heart.I recently went and got my heart check everything checked out ok. If you find out how to get rid of this sound please let me know by responding.
|

replied February 26th, 2010
I may be different than what I have been reading, However, I am having the same heartbeat in my left ear. It started yesterday and when it happened I also lost 50 percent of my vision. It only lasted about 30 seconds but it was enough to scare the day lights out of me.
I am a 49 year old male and I take oxycontin 80 mg 3x a day as prescribed by my doctor and I wondering if it could be caused by that. My doctor recomened me taking more oxy.s but I'm afrair to. I am loosing my memory and other motor functions.
I am taking oxy's because I broke my femor and hip in a accident 3 years ago.
Brian, sorry about any spelling errors.
If anyone could help please write me.
|

replied February 28th, 2010
Best thing is to have the doctor check you out again and tell him all your concerns ... and try not to worry in the meantime!
|

replied June 19th, 2010
pounding in my left ear
I have been having a kind of pounding in my left ear for over a year now, It seems my heartbeat is in my left ear.Each time my left ear pounds, I feel very uncomfortable and find it hard to comprehend when sudying. I hope it is not something serious happening to me. I have complained to my GP about it and was asked to go for an MRI scan. I am so afraid to go for this scan because i have a feeling that abdnormalities in my body may be discovered.
|

replied October 12th, 2010
I had the same problem about five minutes ago it was so annoying, it woke me up at 4AM I just put my pinky in my ear and pulled down a lil. it stopped in about a minute Smile hope that helps
|

replied October 12th, 2010
Hi... about four months ago I began to hear my heartbeat in my left ear and worried about it. Since that time I have been admitted to hospital and it was discovered that the level of my blood iron level was 7 (it should be between 12 & 15. I was given a blood transfusion and was prescribed Iron to take daily. Once I had the transfusion I never heard the pulsing in my ear again. Might be worth getting bloods checked.
|

replied March 18th, 2011
Pounding in left eat- Migraine
I am 52 peri menopausal with migraines for 20 years. I have it it my left ear- I rally only hear it when i lay my head, on that ear on pillow. Usual lype it is constant- today it is revving up, stop revving, stop revving stop- I dunno... OXYCONTIN USERS. Pleasse- BEWARE highly addictive and hardcore withdrawal.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
Had an infected tooth (under a crown) pulled by the dentist in 2007 and the heartbeat sound in my left ear stopped immediately. I have a crack tooth, left unprotected, now on the left side for 2 years and the heartbeat sound had returned. Guess I'll have that tooth pulled, too.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
heartbeat sound in ear
Had an infected tooth (under a crown) pulled by the dentist in 2007 and the heartbeat sound in my left ear stopped immediately. I have a crack tooth, left unprotected, now on the left side for 2 years and the heartbeat sound had returned. Guess I'll have that tooth pulled, too.
|

replied January 17th, 2012
whooshing noise
Hey try this website it explains why how and whats going on with all the whooshing, ringing or any noises that you may be having.
http://www.tchain.com/otoneurology/disorde rs/hearing/tinnitus.htm
|

replied April 10th, 2014
i am white 76 year old female , have recently been hearing my heart beating loudly in my left ear.beats few seconds then fades away.going for ekg tomorrow! have no clue whats causing it?
|

replied December 8th, 2014
Ok so i am experiencing pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear mostly. Its a hissing that in times is rhythmic with my heart beat. Which i have read this could be a serious sign of AVF which is arterio venous fistula and is a vascular condition, and can be treated. I've read about this and some of the symptoms i do experience. Mine just started out of the blue when i was out shopping. I noticed that this whoosing sound of like blood rushing through my ears and going to my heart beat rhythm this lasted 10 /15 minutes then disappeared then a day or two noticed a high hissing in my ears that are very prominent. I have an appointment with a ENT here in 10 days. I hope he will take heed on to my condition and look beyond it just being tinnitus. I feel the way it just started is not normal. I hope all is well to those who have the same symptoms. The only way to get GPs or ENTs to see there are other causes to be looked at is to research your symptoms and to speak up. I will get back when i have a answer.
|
Quick Reply