Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Why Does Semen Leak Out? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. We've been having sex for the past 6 months and this is the first time i've ever had unprotected sex and my question is (because of my inexperience with unprotected sex), is it typical to have the semen leak out a few minutes later? This always happens, whether it's immediately or few minutes thereafter, but his semen always comes out of me. It doesn't matter if it's near the time of my menstrual cycle or after, it always leaks out. Is this normal? Will I be able to get pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ccbbb12
|

replied January 13th, 2007
Yes it is common only so much can go up inside you and the power of gravity pulls the rest down..Its messy and slightly uncomfortable but it is very normal, no need for concern. And make sure you clean it right after as well cause that can cause a uti, hope everything works out with getting prego.

-ashley.
|

replied January 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
The semen is the protective coating for the sperm. Once it's inside you the sperm seperate and go where they need to go, the semen has nowhere to go (you're not a bottomless pit) so it must come back out. Some women who are trying to conceive like to lay with their hips elevated for 15 minutes afterward so the semen can't leak out right away.
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Im trying to get preganant had sex on the last day of my period andwent to the restroom soon after we were done having sex. Can there be a possibilty that I can be come pregnant?
|

replied November 13th, 2009
im not sure but i have been haveing unprotected sex since i met my boyfriend stupid i know i became pregnant twice and miss carried then i started having these problems of the sperm leaking out and i have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. Do you think there is something rong with me ??
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
health, sperm, fertility
My husband and I are trying for a baby now, but the question I have is: Is it normal to feel like your peeing in the morning when you get up after a night of love making? is it the semen or sperm? or both? I have been sometimes feeling this drip down my leg after love making at night early in the morning when i wake up. Can anyone help me please. Should I be concerned?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2010
This happens to every woman i reduced it by laying on my back and lifting my bottom my on pellows for 20mins and then lay on my side!!! i have been trying to get pregnant for 2weeks now!! i do have PCOS and iam worryed i will give up if i dont fall but if anyone els has any clues in helping to fall please let me know!!! good luck everyone els baby dust for you all..
|

replied April 9th, 2010
You don''t need to be concerned about the feeling of something leaking out of you even hrs after the sex. And its definantly still just as possible to get prego as it would be if u didnt feel anything. All womens vagina''s are different an they hold the semen differently. Some absorb it all so can hold it for a while but when u stand straight up gravity oulls it back down. I doubt you have anything to be concerened about I get the same feeling after sex, and I am pregnant so I guess everything worked out right Smile Good luck!
|

replied September 8th, 2010
infertility
keu

am also in delema about the flow of the semen ,can this reduce the chances of concieving?
|

replied September 8th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
keu, By the time the semen comes out, the sperm escaped into your cervix. If you have worries, lift your behind to keep the semen close to your cervix by using a pillow under your behind while lying on your back. Do this for 15 or 20 minutes before you get up. Beware, some women will get UTIs if they do not pee immediately after sex.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
seamen
i already have 1 child and now trying for another with my partner. after intercourse his seamen leaks out straight away i have already found myself pregnant to him twice now so i wouldnt be to worryed about the leakage girls it has to go somewere x
|

replied April 11th, 2011
trying to conceive
im 18 years old and me and my boyfriend are trying to get pregnant, ive been taking folic acid but like you guys the semen is leaking out, i have held a pillow under my bum so my pelvis is higher up but the sperm still leaks out, i want this so bad and need as many tips as i can to get pregnant and as soon as, my main concern is that i have PCOS so im looking for every possible way to help me conceive x
|

replied April 21st, 2011
My boyfriend would like it if the sperm would not come out. He kinda thinks it gross and he can't go down me after if its leaking all over his face. Is there a procedure i can get to prevent it from leaking out?
|

replied April 22nd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
He can use a condom, or he can go down on you before he ejaculates inside you. The other option is for him to pull out before he ejaculates and ejaculate somewhere else (on your back, on your belly, in a towel or tissue, in his or your hand, on your breasts or even on your face if you like that). Many couples will do this, even if they are fully protected by birth control. The other advantage is that you will not drip and leak for the next day.

Other than that, there is. Not much you can do. Once he ejaculated inside you, keels can get the majority out. Especially if you sit on a toilet while doing the kegels. This will however never totally clean you up and it will break your love making session.
|

replied April 27th, 2011
we d0 sex yesterday and i was worried about the leak that comes out after i push him back because im not ready to get pregnant. it tooks like about less than 20 sec and im just surprised when we saw that his semen leaked out on my vagina.were doing it in standing position.i was worried if im ggetting pregnant? and he doesnt feel he cum inside.
|

replied April 27th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Casey, do not have sex without protecting yourself if you do not want to become pregnant. It is really that simple, no sex, no pregnancy or protected sex, no pregnancy.

At this stage you have 2 choices. Get emergency contraceptives like Plan B as soon as possible, or just take the chance that you will not becme pregnant. You have about a 30% chance of ending up pregnant if you are in your fertile time.

PLEASE be careful and take care!
|

replied April 28th, 2011
but there's no available plan b here in our place its hard to find.my friend suggested me to take 4tablet of ordinary pills and tke again after 12hours..is it possible to prevent me from getting pregnant?its already 3 days since we get in contacted
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Casey, it depends on the type of pill. Princeton University in the US provides information about this. Search the google for 'not2late princeton'. The list of pills and dosages for your country Canberra found if you click on 'Q&A About EC', then the 4th question: 'Which daily birth control pills can be used for emergency contraception worldwide?' then select your country.
|

replied June 3rd, 2011
Womens body
The last few times my boyfriend & I have had sex, None of the semen has leaked out, at all. I'm concerned if this is normal & whats going on.
|

replied June 3rd, 2011
Community Volunteer
Your boyfriend does not always deliver the same amount. It depends on his health, hydration, when last he ejaculated (masturbation or partner sex), heat and temperature his genitals are at, medicines he is using and how quickly he ejaculated after getting aroused.

If you orgasmed right after he ejaculated, some of it might also have entered your cervix/uterus.

The timing of his semen coming out of you (back flow) also depends on how viscous his semen was.

Did you ask him if he ejaculated? I know it sounds silly, but men can (and do) fake orgasms.
|

replied June 3rd, 2011
Ok, um well he's athletic, & healthy, he drinks 8 or more bottles of waters a day, the only medicine he takes is a mens one a day vitamin. He last like an hour or more before he ejaculates everytime. We have sex 4 to 5 times a week about 2 to 3 times a day on mosy days. I asked him if he ejaculates & he said yes. He & I are both stressng about this.
|

replied March 5th, 2013
I'm already jealous about how many times a day u have sex sorry had to say it
|
12 >>