Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

5 Weeks Pregnant With Lower Back Pain And Spotting

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am 5 weeks pregnant (40 yrs old)and have been having mild lower back pain, I also have been constipated and thought that might have something to do with the lower back pain, after trying to go to the restroom this morning (with some straining) I noticed some spotting, not enought for a pad but definately blood and it has continued all day. Needless to say, I am worried sick. Has anyone had this happen before?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper staceyk
|

replied August 25th, 2003
Experienced User
?
Nope, Embarassed
|

replied October 1st, 2003
You might want to notify your doctor and let them no...You could be trying to miscarriage. Back pain is a sign with blood. Just to be safe I would check. Good luck...
|

replied October 1st, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Lower Back Pain And Spotting
Dear stacey,

you need to make an appointment to see your doctor immediately, and explain you need to see them right away as you suspect a miscarriage. If you can't get an appointment, go to the hospital. I miscarried 3 months ago and had spotting, abdomen pain and lower back pain. The back pain is definately something to worry about. If you are miscarrying, the bleeding will get very heavy, like a period on a bad day, it will start to get clotty to, so you need to watch out for all this. But please don't ignore it.

Take care,

.::suzy::.
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Experienced User
What suzy said is very true. You never want to ignore bleeding especially when accompanied by back pain. But bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. Don't freak out until you know. But it is important to get into the Dr.

Good luck and let us know
|

replied April 20th, 2009
i dont know m i pregnant or not:(?
i m out of my city cant go to hospital or sugery at this time ...i m mother of one i had baby who is about to be 9 months old..he was cesarian...now since february 2009 i dont have periods yet and now a days i m feeling lower back pain and sometimes in lower abdomen as well lower back pain is the same as i felt in my first pregnancy and i do feel kind of heart beat or u can say beat in my abdomen i feel i am pregnant but i am not sure that i am pregnant or not ...i also used preganncy strips to chek about my pregnancy i chekd twice but there result was negative ...but now i am really confused wat i can do right now? besides this i am also having a little bit of discharge in something in white color whenever i pass my urine i c dat...in my first pregnancy i had urine infection...wel can anyone help me out of this ..can we feel heart beat in our lowerabdomen when we r not preganant?i m not sure plz do help me at this time if anyone can i will b thankful:)
|

replied April 28th, 2009
Experienced User
yes you can sometimes feel your own pulse anywhere on your body not always but it does happen and as you would only be around 8-10 weeks pregnant i very much doubt you would feel anything this early im 10 weeks myself and i dont feel anything but i would go check with your doc about the missed periods when you get back to your home.As for the white discharge you get that at the begining and end of your normal cycle but it does increase during pregnancy
|

replied October 6th, 2009
bleeding and back pain in early pregnancy
back pain in early pregnancy IS normal, it's caused by hormonal changes in the body. Bleeding however should be watched, brown or pink is considered normal in early pregnancy, any bleeding after 12 weeks should be brought to your doctors attention ASAP. Bright red bleeding, heavy bleeding or the passing of clots could mean miscarriage and you should see your doctor or go to the hospital ASAP. I am a mother of 2 and have had 3 miscarriages, currently 5 weeks 6 days pregnant and hoping all goes well this time around... Best of luck to you and hope all goes wonderfully
|

replied October 30th, 2009
darkbrown discharge on 32nd day ? am i not pregnant?
To Missdomestic83:

I am trying to get pregnant for 8 months. Recently i did a blood work and ultrascann test adn they told dat my LH and FSH ratio is 5:1. I also had short period cycle which varies frm 22-24days. But i had my last period on 29th of september and till date i was fine hoping happily that i got pregant. But today i notice some dark brown discharge which i get before my periods. Does taht mean am not pregant? But this is the first time my periods has extended so long .. 32 days..? sugesstions plz
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
It could be implantation bleeding so you may well be pregnant,Now is the time to take a test,I know it can make you sad when it says negative but from my experience it would be better to know one way or another sooner so that you can deal with whatever feelings your going to have im keeping my fingers crossed for you best of luck and i hope you are Smile
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i got my periods. So i assumed dat some cycle changes is happening and i hope its for good.. may be i would get pregnant next month. Smile. I ll keep you updated.
|

replied November 25th, 2011
I'm 6 weeks pregnant I've experienced lower backaches and some bleeding,but the bleeding seem to stop explain anyone plzzz I need advise
|

replied May 4th, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to get pregnant, so on April 18 I felt some sever gramps then a week later I start bleeding. It was a week realy from my period time. I though that was my period, but it was light than usual.On May 3 I start feeling low back pain and fatigue.Could I be pregnant?
|

replied March 1st, 2013
6weeks pregnant and went for a scan last Thursday, could see the yolk sac but no baby. Went back for another scan yesterday and the baby was there but no heartbeat, suffered with backache the past few weeks but now I have had bright red bleeding a little bit, not even enough to fill the end of a tampon, help anyone??
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile