Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Been In Very Bad Pain For Hours... Help

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hey.

I dont know if I have wrote this in the right place sorry if I havent.

I need some help. I'm 19, I have a really bad chest pain. I have had this since 10.30/11pm.

At first I had a pain in one of my arms then the other arm then it went to my chest. It's like a very sharpe pain, like a knife going into you. I have also been out of breath. I still have this now. I have ashama and yes I have taken my inhalar but it's not touching it. I'm not on any pills. I have eaten today and drunk loads so it's not that.

I have taken some gaviscon and some paracentamol. I have just rang hte doctor and their going to ring me back. Can anyone help me? I still have really bad pains and outta breath.

Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Anyone????
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Do you have coughing or weazing with the pains as well? Have you recently just got over a cold or have been around something that could have possibly triggered your asthma? Are you possibly extremly fatigue as well with your symptoms? Sorry for all the questions just hopeing maybe I can help you with some advice. One more do you have anything that you could be stressed about or have been in a place recently that has made you feel uncomfortable? I hope I can help you out a little bit after you answer the questions so I hope to hear from you soon,
|

Experienced User
Hey.

Thanks for reply. No I have been fine, I have a little cold but went after a couple of days. Been feeling fine for a while so I dont know whats going on. Yes im wheezing when I cough and when I breath in and out. I have taken my inhaler loads today. I have just heard from the doctor and he toldme to go hospital or call doctor out in the morning.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
With the weezing there is a possiblity of walking namonia or broncitus specially if you are just getting over a cold it could have developed into one or the other. Good idea to go in and get it checked out. I have heard of the walking namonia causing quit the pain in the chest. Good luck and keep me posted
|

Experienced User
Hey.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinkin it might be that. I just fainted so I aint well. Im scared as im on my own.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You really need to go to an emergency room.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Sit back and relax and try not to do to much drink lots of liquid and if you can try to contact someone that could get you into see the doctor so you can get on the proper meds to get the situation taken care of asap when you find out what it is if you remember pm me and let me know what you found out. Again take care of your self and relax drinks lots of water and get in nad have yourself looked at. Gosh I don't even know you and I am worried about you because I just sent a clients 5 month old to the hospital for weezing, coughing, and shallow breathing and found out he had namonia. So I hope your ok and again pm me if you remember and let me know how your doing.
|

replied January 12th, 2007
Possibly pleurisy, but yeah go to a doc.

Http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/pleurisy
|