Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Nuvaring And Delayed Period?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello everyone,
I am on the nuvaring and I was out of town and completely forgot to take out my ring on time. I took it out 2 days late, which means it was in me for a total of 23 days. Could that be the cause of my late period? I am 3 days late.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It could very well be yes.. There was still active hormones in it..
The nuva ring is actually effective for 32 days, so you did not lose protection, but this would delay your period.
|

replied January 13th, 2013
I was on tge depo for 2 years and decided to get off because of the crazy weight gain. I had sex one time with condum and started the nuva ring the week after. I took the ring out last week early and i have missed my period by 17 days. The family planning ladie told me i would be fine starting the ring in between my period but i got in a panic. I have a 2 year old son who is autistic and i am a single mom...i will be getting a preg test but im just wondering if this has happened to others
|