Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Sister's Friend :*( (stds?)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My sister friend katie is only 13 & she has already
done sexual stuff with guys oral stuff,actshally doing it,and like everything.

I'm afriad that she has stds &
(1.) i'm afraid that I can get
stds or some of them or one of them by sitting by her & if
my arm or hand touches hers. Is this possible to get stds or any of them by this???

(2.) what if she drinks out of my cup or can & I don't know it can I get any stds by that???

(3.) what should I do???

I realized that katie kissed my sister's baby & I kissed the baby right after that. & katie's skin touched the baby's & mine :*(
i heard that u can get an std/stds from kissing & by skin to skin contact.

(4.) i'm going to get an std now??? Is the baby??? :*( :*( :*( :*( :*(

(5.) what should I do???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2007
I dont think I can answer all of your questions, but for sure some.

As far as skin to skin contact and getting an std, its the area of the skin that has the std that has to worry. If a guy has genital herpes and your vagina touched him there or had contact, then you could get it. But if ur arm touched his arm your not gonna get it that way.

Another issue is through blood or bodily fluids contact. If she has herpes in her mouth and drank from a cup and then you drank from it and happened to have a sore in your mouth or something then again its possible that you could get the std but other than that it is unlikely thought you should be carefully because things like fever blisters etc are contagious. If your so worried, just dont drink after her.

How old are you? If you are so worried you could always get tested but im pretty sure you are not going to have an std with what you have described in this post. As far as katie, your sisters friend, im not sure what the ethical or right thing to do in her situation is. But again its unlikely that she would transfer anything to you or your sisters baby.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
morena7 wrote:
if she has herpes in her mouth and drank from a cup and then you drank from it and happened to have a sore in your mouth or something then again its possible that you could get the std.

the herpes you have on your mouth is not a sexually transmitted disease.

Genital herpes is a different strain of the herpes virus.

Many young children and adults alike have cold sores (that's the herpes on your mouth).
|

Actually a doctor has told me before at like school presentations that if a guy had genital herpes and a girl went down on him, she could get the form of genital herpes in her mouth...
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Genital herpes are on the genitals - the clue is in the name.
If a girl went down on a guy who had an outbreak of herpes, then yes, she could pick up the herpes virus if he has hsv-1 but not if he has hsv-2.

Hsv-1 is the cold sore type of herpes - this can affect the genitalia and the lips.
Hsv-2 is gential herpes.

You can not get genital herpes by sharing a cup - you could get a cold sore if the other person has a cold sore at that time.
|

replied January 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Of course, if you have a cold sore and go down on someone, there's a possibility that you could give them genital herpes. But it's quite slim.

At least, this is according to my nursing professor. I don't know her source, but I do trust her implicitly.
|