Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Contraception?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I've been thinking about getting the mirena coil fitted, as i've heard good things about it, but i'd like some advice.. Has anyone had any experience with them? I think I remember .Becky saying she had one.. But I don't know if anyone else has. Does it really reduce your menstrual flow as much as they say it does? I have very heavy periods and I got my first one last week (not fun.. I wasn't expecting it!) so I love the idea of my periods being easier to handle.

I'm using condoms at the moment, but they're such a faff.. So I either want to get the coil fitted or just get the pill.

Thank you in advance for any advice! =)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2007
Community Volunteer
Not me. Sorry.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I'd definately say go for it.
There are really good reports with the ius (marketed as mirena) as it has slow release hormones in it, unlike the older iud which doesn't.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Just a quickie my sister said to say not to go on the pill if you are tottaly run off your feet and could easily forget it, thats how number two happened for her!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I havent' had problem with it so far. I love it......The flow is the same for me because I was never heavy.....Well my first one after my section was kinda heavy but since I got it...I haven't had a problem and not having to remember to take a pill, change a patch, worry about getting the shot or fidgiting with the condom has been great........I say go for it.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hi darling yes I have one in and it's fantastic!I have no periods whatsoever and don't have to worry about it at all. I wouldn't recommend the one without hormones though cause that made me bleed really heavy. I got mine fitted at brook. They're great.
|