Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Baby Showers!!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought here would be a nice place to post this!

Hey... I'm having a baby shower on the 27th jan my family and friends are orgainsing it for me... I want to help with orgainising it but I don;t know what I should be doing.

What sort of things need to be done and what do u do at a baby shower? I know that sounds pretty dumb but I need to know lol!

And also how late on into the pregnancy did u have urs.

Ill be 29wks and 4 days when i'm having mine and i'm having the twins when i'm 34wks and 6 days. Is that to late to be having a shower.

I'm getting quite scared now as the time is getting closer and closer and I haven't got everything that I need for the girls.

Thnx for ur help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2007
Well congrats about your twins:) I know how you feel I wanted to help also....I helped pick out all the decorations, I wrote out the invites and sent them out.............I dont think thats too late to have a shower with my son I had it when I was like 8 months...And with this pregnancy (im now 39 weeks) I had it when I was like 7 and 1/2........So I think your timing is good............Good luck................And have fun!!
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Shocked you're having them when you're 34wks 6days?! That seems really super early to have a scheduled birth..

Nobody has said anything about throwing me a baby shower.. Which sucks because .I could really use one. Money is super tight &.I need all the stuff .I can get (call me selfish or whatever, but it's true). I'm almost 30wks!

I don't think it matter how late you have it. I'd say anytime in the 3rd trimester is appropriate!
|

Experienced User
:)
Cool cutie... Do u have a theme for the shower? I mean, like .Jennifer .Garner set her baby shower all purple-ish, and she then named her baby girl .Violet .Affleck.

I never been to a baby shower before.. Should be fun, maybe it's not 'popular' among my friends.

Krissy... Why dun u just set a date and make an announcement on when and where your baby shower is and c how's the feedback from all your friends and relatives.
|

Experienced User
There is a reason why i'm having them so early... If u wanna read my update post then u will see why i'm having the twins so early
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: :)
bel_bel wrote:
krissy... Why dun u just set a date and make an announcement on when and where your baby shower is and c how's the feedback from all your friends and relatives.

i'm sure krissy knows this but it's really tacky to throw yourself a shower. It's basically asking for presents.
|

arcadia wrote:
Shocked you're having them when you're 34wks 6days?! That seems really super early to have a scheduled birth..

Nobody has said anything about throwing me a baby shower.. Which sucks because .I could really use one. Money is super tight &.I need all the stuff .I can get (call me selfish or whatever, but it's true). I'm almost 30wks!

I don't think it matter how late you have it. I'd say anytime in the 3rd trimester is appropriate!

im sorry that nobody has offered to throw you a baby shower:( if I knew you I would.....Cause I know how you feel.....With this pregnancy I wasnt sure if anyone was going to give me one either...Since my mom and most my family live far away.......I live near my dad and my dad came to the rescue and threw me one.........It was co-ed...(guys and gilrs).......If all else fails you and your boyfriend should just plan one yourselfs................Because they help alot!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: :)
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
bel_bel wrote:
krissy... Why dun u just set a date and make an announcement on when and where your baby shower is and c how's the feedback from all your friends and relatives.

i'm sure krissy knows this but it's really tacky to throw yourself a shower. It's basically asking for presents.

lol, exactly. There's no way .I'm throwing myself a shower. Even though .I only want a shower for the selfish reasons of getting stuff, .I would never throw myself one, haha!
|