Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

140 Pounds In 6 Months

User Profile
I need to lose 140 pounds in 6 months and I have no idea where to start.
Any sensible suggestions greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, that's a lot..
Drink a lot of water;
don't eat fried stuff;
don't have candies;
don't have things that have sugar (like yoghurts with sugar.);
don't drink alcohol......
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2007
First thing, dont look at it as loosing 140 lbs. Look at it as I am going to loose 2-3lbs. In 2 weeks, make a realistic short term goals because if you say " I wana loose 140lbs. And it just seems so far away and then u just feel unmotivated because loosing weight takes time) anyways to loose weight and keep it off.... Diet and exercise. And its more mental than anything you need to want to do it, and make it apart of your life and want to do it. Be extremly motivated and get others to motivate you too, like go to the gym with friends. There's no other way to loose weight and keep it off except diet and exercise Smile good luck!
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2007
laura_friesen wrote:
dont look at it as loosing 140 lbs. Look at it as I am going to loose 2-3lbs. In 2 weeks, make a realistic short term goals because if you say " I wana loose 140lbs. And it just seems so far away and then u just feel unmotivated because loosing weight takes time)

i completely agree with laura: making realistic goals is so important here. And then, baby steps :d
|

replied January 18th, 2007
When I started atkins/low carb 10 years ago I lost 100lbs+ in the first 6 months so it is doable at a stretch, you maybe need more like 8 months, I would highly recommend low carb as the way to go, it is healthy, nutritious and, with a little work, very versatile.
|

replied July 30th, 2010
Well this diet doesn't sound too friendly for me but for people who can resist it promises a good result . Although sometimes I wonder if it is healthy to lose that much weight in so short time.
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply