Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Semen Still Drips Out After Sex...? (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Even though a few little ounces of semen drip out of me after sex, will it ever be possible for me to get pregnant? I'm trying so hard to get pregnant. This is my first month trying...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jazzy77
|

replied December 31st, 2006
Yes I think so...Because the same thing happens to me when my husband and I have sex and im now 38 weeks pregnant.It will happen when the time is right...And I didnt even suspect I was pregnant until a month and a half later.......And we were also trying.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I sent you a reply to your pm sweetie Smile
|

Experienced User
Some people remain lying on their back for about 20 - 30 mins after...To give the sprem time to get into the cervix. Some go all out and do not move until morning, but if you are prone to .U.T.Is then that wouldn't be a good idea.
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2007
Experienced User
foxy wrote:
some people remain lying on their back for about 20 - 30 mins after...To give the sprem time to get into the cervix. Some go all out and do not move until morning, but if you are prone to .U.T.Is then that wouldn't be a good idea.

but whats the point in lying down if it flows out? Embarassed
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Semen drips out of all of us!!!!! I found it can leak out even if I stayed lying down, but remember once he ejaculates "up" there, there is lots of spermies in the right place!!! It can't all come out right away......Not possible!!!!!!
Try staying laying down for a while. Place a towel underneath you if you need or want to, or raise your legs in the air for a bit.
None of this is really necessary, but you can try if you'd like. I never really stayed laying down - usually got up and peed after!!! Lol!
And it worked for me, so don't worry about it too mcuh! Wink
|

User Profile
Experienced User
jaemierin wrote:
semen drips out of all of us!!!!! I found it can leak out even if I stayed lying down, but remember once he ejaculates "up" there, there is lots of spermies in the right place!!! It can't all come out right away......Not possible!!!!!!

Try staying laying down for a while. Place a towel underneath you if you need or want to, or raise your legs in the air for a bit.

None of this is really necessary, but you can try if you'd like. I never really stayed laying down - usually got up and peed after!!! Lol!

And it worked for me, so don't worry about it too mcuh! Wink

thanks so much for your understanding. It is nice to see that I can get help when I need it! Cool
|

replied December 7th, 2011
Baby
My fianc and I are trying to have a baby and for the first couple of times not much semen
Came out but the last couple of times a lot of his semen came out. Is that good bad can I still get pregnant?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
No worries girl....Any time! Wink
|

User Profile
Experienced User
If you were to take a look at semen under a telescope there is millions of those tiny little critters. It only takes one of those to come in contact with the egg to conceive. It just has to come in contact with the egg at the perfect timing you just have to get the perfect timing down.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2007
Experienced User
heathercarl wrote:
if you were to take a look at semen under a telescope there is millions of those tiny little critters. It only takes one of those to come in contact with the egg to conceive. It just has to come in contact with the egg at the perfect timing you just have to get the perfect timing down.

thanks Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2008
Experienced User
one thing to try is to have sex with you laying on your back (missionary style) but put your bottom up on a pillow to elevate your bottom a bit. this allows him to penetrate you a little deeper (good for when he ejaculates) and it will also keep you from having the sperm leak out of you.

one additional suggestion is to have an orgasm! most ppl don't realize it, but when you have an orgasm, the convulsions or contractions that occur work to your benefit in getting pregnant. what happens is that your cervix sort of moves down and opens up just a tiny bit to pick up on some of the semen during the contractions.

sooooo...what you have to do is to have an orgasm almost immediately AFTER he does! you can probably figure out how to make this happen, but if not, just ask and i'll tell you!

i know that the original post on this subject is a year or so old, but this is valuable info to ppl who are trying to get pregnant, so i thought i'd post it anyway.

jasmine
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
hi need help
Jasmine email me with that info thanks
|

replied June 30th, 2012
Hey jasmine

I was reading your post and it was really helpful. I was wondering if you can please let me know how i can have an orgasm at the same time my husband is cumming. Its been a month trying to get pregnant but we are having a hard time. Please help. Thxs
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Can you send me an email on how to orgasm the same time my partner does? Thank you
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Community Volunteer
You will spend your time and effort much better by trying to pinpoint your ovulation more accurately, and having sex on the right days.

When you orgasm between 45 seconds before and 45 seconds after his ejaculation, the sperm moves up to your fallopian tubes in 10 minutes, rather than the normal hour and a bit. In the bigger scheme of things, this is totally and utterly insignificant. No relationship between orgasm and ease of conception was found in studies. If you want to try, masturbate (rub your clitoris with him inside you) when he gets close. Time it so that you orgasm around the time he does.

Even lifting your behind on a pillow for 20 minutes after ejaculation to keep his semen deep inside you, is statistically more significant than getting your orgasm.

There is a specialized sex position that will often cause you two to orgasm close to each other's orgasm. It is called Coital alignment technique (or C.A.T.). Use the google to find information. It is a bit difficult to explain here.

Best of luck TTC!
|

replied March 11th, 2009
What if your on top? Can you still get pregant if it drips out?
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Im not trying to get pregnant but every time i have sex with my partner, after he as does the deed i push a little bit and it all comes out!! Its pretty horrible especially if i have clean bed sheets on !!!
|

replied May 20th, 2009
semen drippings
Hey XXASHLEEXX,
I'm now trying to get pregnant,but before that I always always had my partner use a condom (or at least ejaculate outside), but now that we are ready for kids, we're doing it without a condom, and I am hating the idea that we can't have sex n then cuddle or take a quick nap, n i hate that I have to put kleenexes on me n walk to the washroom so that I don't drip semen allover...
so to sum it all up, what do people who are not using any form of contraception do?? I find it's very inconveinient to have to wash the bed sheets that ofen!
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
Put an incontinence pad under the sheet in a strategic location. You can buy these in the pharmacy in the senior's section. They don't make any crinkling noise and no one will ever know it's there. Although more expensive, you can use a puppy pad in a pinch. Smile
It's a good idea to keep spare dish rags between the mattress so you can grab one when needed.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Experienced User
idea for you...
why don't you put a towel up under your bottom? if you do that, then after you have sex you can hug, kiss, cuddle, etc. The when you're done, you take the towel, and waddle to the bathroom...hehehe.
jasmine
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Supporter
yup that's what me and my hubby does. I lay a towel underneath my bottom and if any leaks out it usually doesn't get on the sheets. keep a towel under the bed for spontanous sex. not the "planned" sex when ttc.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
trying tog et pregnant
i have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now im 22 and feel im ready for a family sadly at 16 i misscarried and from 17-18 i was on the contraception jag. i have now mad appoinments to go see the doctor to make sure there is nothing wrong ... only problem is when me and my partner have sex most of it drips out ...? i try and lye down for long periods of time to let it reach up and have also tried some sexul positions were im in a position to enable it to travel up but it still seems to drip down ...? will i ever get pregnant ?? please help
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Supporter
Honey, did you read the above posts? The vagina does not soak up all of the semen. NO WOMAN'S vagina soaks it all up. It is natural for most of it to drip out of you. There are literally millions of sperm in healthy ejaculate and only one of them needs to make it to the egg. If you're having problems conceiving, it is not because it is dripping out.
To increase your chances of becoming pregnant you should chart your periods to find out when you are most fertile. then you should make sure you have sex on those days.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
thanks Smile
yer i think for months i had been planning sex 7 days b4 my period was due ....?
which i have now been told it is actually 14 days of ur cycle from day 1 of ur period .... im thinking of getting a ovulation kit .
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2009
Supporter
You're welcome and good luck.
|
Tags: sex, pregnant
Quick Reply