Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help Someone! Extremely Confused

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 13wks and 5days pregnant according to my last period, but 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant according to my ultrasound which takes me to around the 14th october which is when I think I wud have been ovulating and conceived. I was told on 1st dec I was 7wks. My last period was on the 26th september and my cycle can range from 28 days to 24 days (bizarre I know) but I would say is an average of 34days. They have given me a due date of around about the 20th july, but im completly confused by this. They are using my ultrasound dates because my period differs from my ultrasound dates by 2 weeks and 3 days roughly and the ultrasound is more accurate, but they have still given me a due date of 40weeks rather than 38, even though they are counting from conception. Shudnt my due date be around about the 7th july?? Please someone write back!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2006
Community Volunteer
They count from either your last period of from 2 weeks before conception (if you know your ovulation date).

You say yourself that your periods are not regular and are often closer to 34 than 28 days which means you have an irrgular follicular phase and unless you have been charting for sometime and know your luteal phase that ovulation could be anywhere from as long a follicular phase day 24 of your cycle to as short a follicular phase as day 10 realistically speaking.

That's 2 weeks during which time ovulation is likely. Unless you know where you ovulate during that time then the ultrasound scans are your best dating calculation.

Ultrasounds are quite accuarate these days.
|

replied December 31st, 2006
kia_breizzze wrote:
they count from either your last period of from 2 weeks before conception (if you know your ovulation date).

You say yourself that your periods are not regular and are often closer to 34 than 28 days which means you have an irrgular follicular phase and unless you have been charting for sometime and know your luteal phase that ovulation could be anywhere from as long a follicular phase day 24 of your cycle to as short a follicular phase as day 10 realistically speaking.

That's 2 weeks during which time ovulation is likely. Unless you know where you ovulate during that time then the ultrasound scans are your best dating calculation.

Ultrasounds are quite accuarate these days.

sorry hope I dont sound stupid but I dont really know wot u mean by "follicular phase" I reckon that I would have ovulated around the 15th oct, but how many days are u actually fertile, is it 2 days before and 2 days after u ovulate? I had sex on the 14th oct and the 21st oct and I bled which I think cud have been implanation bleeding on about the 22nd, my period (if it had came) wud have been due roughly on the 30,31st oct. Wots the date I wud most likely have conceived, its quite important that I know wot date is the most likliest. My scan told me on 1st dec that I was 7 weeks and that takes me back to the 14th so do u think it wud have been that time??? Thanku. Please write back.
|