Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnant, But Feel Like I Am Going to Start My Period???

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Hi girls,

i am 12 weeks, 1 day pregnant, and this is the time when I would normally have been having a period if I were not pregnant. The last few days I have been feeling as if I am going to start my period any day. I also noticed a small bit of spotting, but that was only because I checked with toilet paper. Did anyone else have the feeling that their period was going to start around the time that it normally would have? I am not sure if I should be concerned or just blow it off. I go see my doctor wednesday for my 12 week check up. This is my first pregnancy and I hope that everything is ok.

Any thoughts would be wonderful.

Thanks,

mary

ps: happy new year's everyone!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 31st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
This can be common. It is your uterus stretching. I remember feeling it more with my second pregnancy than my first. For months I felt like I was ready to start my period.

Good luck at your doctor's appointment!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I had this too. I was convinced that I was going to miscarry because the cramps I had felt just like those before a period. Not severe but irritating. Everything was fine with my pregnancy though and i'm sure it is with yours too.

Happy new year!
|

Yes I felt that way, I didnt know I was pregnant yet...But I totally felt as if I were going to start my period....I had cramps real bad......And I just felt like crap...Then like 2 weeks later I found out I was prego.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks
Hi girls,

thanks for the replies. I could be coming down with the flu as well as everyone and their dog seems to have it these days. I feel like a bag of crap this afternoon. When I was eating lunch I thought for sure I was going to be sick. Not nice thats for sure. I was wondering about the stretching as last week I was sooo sore down there. I was constipated so that didnt help matters, but I am still sore there. It hurt to even move when I was sleeping. I had a small bit of cramps last week when I was sore, but nothing that if I hadn't been watching for them, I would probably wouldnt have even noticed.

Anyways, must go try to get through making dinner.

Cheers to everyone,

mary
|

///
I had slight cramping once in a while in my first trimester. But cramping with spotting I know could be the start of a misscarriage. If I was you id go to the hospital to make sure everythings okay. I also had spotting when I wiped with the tissue about a month ago wen I was 12 weeks but there was no cramping but I still went to the hospital to make sure everything was fine.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi breezy,

thanks, I am not sure now if it was spotting or what. It may have just been a discoloration on the toilet paper. I find that the tp now seems to have a fair amount of discoloration in it and I am thinking thats what it was. I am feeling much better now thank god. I am going to talk to my doctor about it on wednesday when I go in. There is no point in heading to the hospital here now as its full of norwalk virus and I simply do not need to catch that. Most of the er's are closed to people because of it.

I have no cramping so thats a good thing. I was just having that achy feeling that I usually get before I would start my period. It could have something to do with how I was feeling last week when I was constipated so bad. It was days before I could finally go and I was in pain when I finally did. I was also so sore that when I moved it really hurt. Thank god they finally moved!!!!!

I hope to hear the heartbeat on wednesday when I go in.

Must run for now.

Take care and have a happy new year.

Mary
|