Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

On And Off Nausea, No Vomiting (Page 1)

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
Hi, i'm new, some one please answer because I am scared. I am 18 years old and for the past 4 days I have been having nausea on and off. I am so tired of it and scared and my fears make it worse. I did something stupid tuesday night and stayed up till 6:30 am working on a personal project. I felt bad all wed with my family and we had to come home early from a mini-trip because I felt so bad. I never threw up but I fell asleep and half way home I woke up feeling fine and went to bed that night without a problem. Thursday I felt pretty fine, I spent the day with my family all day and then went to a goodbye party for a friend that night and got home late and went to bed about 2, but without problems. But friday I woke up and felt sorta icky but went out that night with family and a friend and I did not want to eat anything. But went to a play that night and I felt good. But that night (last night) I felt awful! I was terribly nautious (spelling) and seriously thought i'd get sick, but never did. I was scared and woke my mother up and she said I just needed to relax. Eventually, I did relax enough and fell asleep. But today I have had on-off nautious all day, I only ate dinner which was some chicken green beans and potatos.

So that has been the past couple of days. My friend thinks I am sunconsiously missing the friend who I went to his goodbye party because I really liked him. And she had the same problem with liking a guy and he moved far away and she felt sick for several days after he left. I hope that's true because then I know it will go away. But I don't know because I don't really think about him, but I still feel sick.

I haven't thrown up and I almost wish I would to see if it'd help relieve the feeling. Sometimes I have gassy bowels and I burp which feels a bit better. So, at this point I think I am scared and it might be making me feel worse than I actually am. I have no fever and no other symptoms.

Please help! I am very scared and I hate acting all depressed and affecting my family.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mik4ali
|

replied February 3rd, 2007
Re: On And Off Nausea, No Vomiting
Wow! Some people have all the luck! I've suffered from nausea for 3-4 years! But in your case it is probably just your mind playing tricks on you. Good luck!!!
|

replied January 26th, 2008
I have simliar problems
im 16 years old and on sunday night i threw up from a bad headache
its now saturday and ever since that night i have been feeling on and off nausea. it seems to be the worse in the morning and then at night
at first i thought i was nervous about going to school and getting sick, cuz i had alot of nerves the night b4 school and getting on the bus, but once i got there i felt so sick and couldnt handle it so i dont think it was that.
if im not nauseous i feel aches and pains in my arms or even legs
i went to the doctor and she said everything looked fine
i didnt take blood tests or anything severe like that but the nauseous is now affecting my life, i cant go out, i cant even make it to school
ive been reading things online about how people are having this feeling for like 4 years! im getting myself very scared about that becuase i woudlnt be able to handle it
sometimes my stomach is empty and hungry but when i try and eat it doesnt really help that much, only a little
as of today ive been feeling fine but just a little werid in my stomach, but doesnt feel like major naucea like the other days.
i never throw up, except from the headache 6 days ago
does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? or what i should do
hopefully my mind is making me think its worse
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you seen a doctor? You'll need to confirm if it's your body that's creating the nausea, or your mind. Both can be treated.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
Nausea on and off all day
My daughter started being nauseous on and off each day in July 2009. It got progressively worse. Mornings and evenings were the worst. Did not throw up. It was like morning sickness without being pregnant. Sometimes she would not feel better until noon or 3:00 p.m. Took her to the doctors. Checked for the h pylori suggestion from the internet idea. It was negative. In two weeks they will be removing her diseased gall bladder. We have her on glycopyrrolate that shuts down the gall bladder until she can have her surgery. She feels much better. She is also trying to stay away from fatty or spicy foods. Hope this helps someone.
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Nausea and Headache in AM
Jennifurr46...Sounds like you are having sinus headaches. Especially in the morning. I had them everyday until I started taking Zyrtec and using a prescription nasal spray everyday. No more waking up with a headache or having nausea. Try taking a decongestant if you have a headache in the morn and see if it goes away about 45 minutes later. Make sure to eat some toast or crackers with it so you don''t get sick to stomach!
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
Hi, I have been having nausea on and off for months with some dizziness, i think its from vertigo caused by my sore neck.Nausea can be made worse by stress,but then, its hard to not stress when your feeling nausea and worried.
|

replied August 25th, 2010
I have had similar symptom and was just diagnosed with a gall bladder that is only functioning at about 15percent so am looking to have it removed. The doctor said he sees about 1 patient a month with these symptom and once they have the surgery about 90 percent have relief
|

replied December 6th, 2010
nausea without vomitting and a sensation of hot neck
My daughter is nine years old. She has been experiencing morning and evening nausea for about six days now. It started the next day after she had bought lunch at school. She had felt the same a previous time she had bought lunch at school but only for a couple of days. The menu was different every time and she is not allergic to anything apart from pollen. Her nausea seems to come and go. She has it every single morning and seems to recede and disappear in about two or three hours. Sometimes it comes back during the day and at night. There are no other symptoms apart from what she describes as a "hot neck" - when she really thinks she is going to throw up, she says that the back of her neck feels as if on fire and yet it is not red, nor does it feel hot on touch. She also has a moderate stomach ache and soft stools. I personally think it is either a bacteria or a toxine but it is interesting to see that this thing seems to be somehow more present in the teenage population.
|

replied February 7th, 2011
i am 12 and i have been to ucla and many other specilized hospitals adn i have been diagnosed with many different things some doctors think I have complicated migraine disorder but I have been trying the pills called equalibs they have to meet with my stomach hurting innings any problems very well also tried mood calm pills or something like that name I have found that they have been extremely helpful they are only temporary cures their life saver for emergency moments I recommend you trying to hide in Dr. as I said I am only 12 before trying them at ask ask the doctor if it is right for you right for you if any do you know a permanare cure please contact me. thank you very much for your help
|

replied November 19th, 2011
I've had nausea on and off this past year. I've never had it like this before. It's just nausea, no other symptoms. I can't eat, sleep.. anything. It'll be like this for a week and stay clear for about a month or so. Here lately I've had it for almost a month straight. Again, on and off. I've never actually thrown up. I had this one thing where my stomach felt like it had to growl, but never did. The pressure just got worse and worse until I felt like I was going to pass out. Meanwhile the whole time I felt like I was going to puke but never did. The "stomach growling" symptom doesn't happen too often. Only a few times. I'm so over going to the doctor about this because they just give me a pregnancy test and that's it. And then I have my mom nagging in my ear. The test always comes back negative. They don't bother about checking anything else. I cannot take it anymore.
|

replied January 17th, 2012
Night Nasiea
I'm 15 and have had Nasiea off and on for almost a year. But I only get it around 11 or 12 at night. Really wierd, but it feels like I'm going to throw up but I never do! I have recently went to the dr and had blood drawn and had a urien test and they say everything is normal! I don't know why I'm getting sick! Any suggestions?.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
Ive been feeling nauseous on and off for days along with dizziness and fatigue. also feeling weak with occasional heart palpitations and chest pain. any suggestions?
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Feelin sick
I have been having a prob with nausea and sometimes i feel like i'm gonna throw up but I don't and sometimes I too find myself thinking like errrr!!! I wish it would just go ahead and happen only in hopes that hopefully i would then feel better afterwards. This sucks. Today I woke up at 3am and I was nauseous and felt like really bad and i got up and went to the bathroom a second but then tried to get back to sleep and after like 30 minutes to 1 hour i was able to go back to sleep and when i woke up i felt a little better then i had to go somewhere and so i went and around like 11a i started feeling bad again smh and i came home and went to sleep for 3 hours and woke up with no relief from the situation and so its like 8:13p now and i'm still dealing with it smh so i'm online trying to find out if there is something i could do to help myself feel better
|

replied May 11th, 2012
So sick of being sick.
I have been dealing with this same exact problem since 2006. For 6 years. It is almost unbearable. I had brain surgery when I was 13, so that might have something to do with mine. But its awful when you feel so nauseous you can't move, and you want to throw up but you can't. I have severe emetophobia, the fear of throwing up, so whenever I feel nauseous I get severe panic attacks, which only makes it worse. Hope we can get this problem figured out soon!
|

replied July 17th, 2012
I have had on and off mild nausia through out the day for like a week, no throwing up,anyone know wat it could be im 14
|

replied July 17th, 2012
I have had on and off mild nausia through out the day for like a week, no throwing up,anyone know wat it could be im 14
|

replied July 19th, 2012
on and off nausea all day
hello ive been nauseated for about 2 or 3 months now and its on and off all day, but when i am nauseated i am also hungry but dont eat very much. Then the nausea goes away and comes back after a few minuites. i even checked to see if i was pregnant and it came back negative twice. i have no idea what it is my mom got me this medicine for ulcers because she thought maybe that would help but it hasnt. and i never throw up either, like i feel like i wanna but i never do.
|

replied July 19th, 2012
on and off nausea all day
hello ive been nauseated for about 2 or 3 months now and its on and off all day, but when i am nauseated i am also hungry but dont eat very much. Then the nausea goes away and comes back after a few minuites. i even checked to see if i was pregnant and it came back negative twice. i have no idea what it is my mom got me this medicine for ulcers because she thought maybe that would help but it hasnt. and i never throw up either, like i feel like i wanna but i never do.
|

replied August 9th, 2012
Unexplained nausea
If nausea is occurring randomly with or w/out other symptoms & is not getting better, you need to see a medical practitioner and have some blood work drawn to see if there is a bacteria or parasite working in your system. I would never disregard neck pain or body aches; could be Lyme disease, mononuclosis or something else, but cannot get a good diagnosis w/out bloodwork. Good luck to you all.
|
12 >>