Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Cervix In Early Pregnancy

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
For those of you who check your cervix, when did you notice it rise during early pregnancy. I went to check mine this morning and after being low and firm since ovulation it was all of a sudden high. I am about 11 dpo now. I don't know if it means anything but I didn't do this last month. I am just being hopeful ya'll. Yes, I am from alabama.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey girl - as far as I know, a high and soft cervix (like the feel of your lips) is a good thing! If it satys tat way close to your af time, then it could be an indication of pregnancy. I started to check mine about 4 days or so before af, and I checked it up to the day before af was due, and I had a high and soft cervix. I don't know much about it though, so hopefully some other "more experienced" ladies will post you their replies!!!!!!!!
Keep an eye on your temps as well, especially around 8 - 14dpo. My temps keep getting higher and higher. Sometimes they would be the same as the day before, but right when af was due, I had a temp increase again, and then it raised again about 2 days after that. I've been between 36.93c and 37.15c on average ever since.
I like that you say "y'all".......Then I can't be bugged b/c we say "eh" in canada!!!! Lol Laughing it's not as bad or as often though as everyone thinks it is. I love the tv shows where they play canadians and they are always saying eh after everything.......It's not that way at all!!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the post jae! I am really hopeful right now. Well, I am hoping I def had an implantation dip on my chart a few days ago. That's what it seems like but you never know. I had what might have been implantation bleeding. I don't really know. It was so little I could have overlooked it. Then again it could have been something else. It was just when I wiped once and it was very light and just one or two tiny streaks (i know, tmi). I am so hoping this is it. It would be nice for it to happen in the second month and not have to go through the heartbreak a lot of women here do. I just started noticing a few things today. I have been going to the bathroom a bit more frequently starting tonight and been a little nauseated. The nausea could be from af coming though. I have had a few wierd cramps but I think that is from something else. I have also noticed some congestion and sinus issues. I have not had any problems with that since I had my tonsils out in september. I find it very funny that it can be a sign of pregnancy. Then again almost anything can be. Keep us informed about your appointment. I will let you know when I test.
|

Hmmmm, some streaks of pink, more peeing and a stuffy nose???? I think someone's pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're right, it can be sign of af coming, and it can be from something totally unrelated, but also good signs of being preggo! I find that I am peeing a bit more than usual, but not too much. The only symptom I have now, are the bumps all over my bb's, and my nip's are quite tender and bb's feel a bit swollen - almost like someone has pumped a bit of air into them! Lol! There's tmi for ya!!!!!!!! Wink
your chart does look like it shows an implantation dip to me! I will be so very happy for you if you get your bfp!!! I know what it's like to go through a bunch of bfn's, although for only trying for 7 mths, I can't complain compared to some of the ladies here who deserve to get their bfp's and have been trying for sooooo long Sad
you have to let me know as soon as you test ok?
I'll be waiting.............. Wink
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey, just thought I would fill you in on some more new details. I noticed a few more montgomery tubercles on my nipples and the area of my chest and breasts look a lot more veiny than usual. I hope I am not just getting my hopes up. I will fill you in in the morning.
|

Like I said before......I think someone's pregnant!!!!!! My very first clue that made me kind of start thinking that "this could be it" was seeing all of those bumps......The montgomery glands. I have some, but as I said in my other post, it was like they mulitplied over night and they "raised" up!!! Lol Laughing
i'll be eagerly waiting your results!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey jae! Well, my temp was still up today but ff did not detect and implantation dip yet. I did test this morning and it might have been a faint pos then again it could have just been my eyes playing tricks on me. I'm just gonna pretend that it is positive and be happy for now. I am going to wait until 15 dpo to take another one and then again at 18 dpo. I guess my af would supposedly start 15 dpo right? I'm new to counting the whole ovulation and dpo thing. This is our first month of me really paying attention to everything. I wish I knew how to post pictures or where my camera was and I would have posted a picture of the darn test so you could look at it. We are so close yet so far away. I really hope I am so we could be preggo together. It would be nice having someone going through the same thing. I will write ya later. Oh the only new thing this morning is a tight feeling in my pelvic area. I am not taking that one way or the other. I don't like psyching myself up for a let down. I will talk to ya later jae.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey I think that the cervix position is different for everyone. My sisters never had their's go up for awhile but one of my symptoms was that it went high and soft. Oh, I never got the bumps. I don't know if that is weird or not....
Anyways, still no m/s, but I have been sleeping all of the time. Lol, and big macs are amazing! Talk later. And baby dust to you monkeygirl. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
|

Mg....I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you right now!!! Good idea to test again at 15 dpo...But if you saw a faint pink line......It's a positive!!!!!! Yay, ok, won't get too excited just yet, but I am really hoping for you!!!!!!
Remember, I tested at 16 dpo, and my pink line was super super dark, so I think 15dpo you'll be fine!
I want us to be preggo at the same time, and then you, me and musik can compare stories......Good and bad! Laughing
keep me updated!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well, guess what guys. I don't have to test wednesday because my period started four days early. How much does that suck. I am in horrible pain too. I hate af so much. She needs to leave for good.
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well that sucks! I am so sorry but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for next month.
|

Sorry to hear that mg.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey guys! I am in a little bit better mood this morning. At least the alcohol made some of the pain go away. Lol! I am not an alcoholic, don't worry. Well, I ordered some ovulex for this next month, so hopefully I will get the results jae did.
|

Ahhh girl...Sorry to hear that the nasty af came around to visit. I thought for sure that you'd be telling me some good news. But, here's to a much better january and getting your bfp!!!!! I will be hoping for you with all my might! Let me know when you get your ovulex. I hope it works really well for you Wink
|