Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Funky Smell Down There

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Could a sour smell down there be because of something in my diet or something I have have eating? I bath 2 a day and am really clean and I can't figure out where the smell is coming from. I don't have any other symptoms just the smell, whats up?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2006
Supporter
Vaginal discharge is slightly acidic to help prevent infection in there. The smell you experience may just be your normal smell? Is it particularly noticeable?When do you notice it? I mean, going about my daily business it would be extremely rare that I would ever be able to smell my vagina! If it is that noticeable, pungent or unpleasant you may have an infection. Sometimes no other symptoms are manifested. Worth checking out.

A man's diet can affect the taste and smell of his semen. I've had people swear to me that the same can happen to women woth their discharge, but it's not anything i've ever noticed.
|

replied December 29th, 2006
Funky Smell
The smell is not really bad, but it is unpleasant, I notice it when I am going to the bathroom and during sex, I don't smell anything through my clothes. I just feel nasty, even though I am a very clean person. If I have an infection could that cause any other problems, is the ifection harmfull to my body?
|

replied June 11th, 2011
Odor/smell in vaginal area... may just be a sweaty lower tummy
It may help to identify where the smell is coming from (no pun intended) then trying a simple home remedy.

On warm, muggy days I started to notice a rancide odor, which made me extremely self-conscious. As a clean person who bathes daily and keeps my pub hair trimmed, I was concerned.

One day after work I undressed and inspected the areas of my vagina using my fingers and smelling them. My vagina was odorless, but I could still smell the faint rancid (sweaty/armpit smell). I realized it was my lower tummy.

I read online about cornstarch. I started applying a little there and between my upper inner thighs (areas that sweat) and the smell is GONE!!!!
|