Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Masterbation And Its Link to Acne

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
There are several people here who claim acne has no link with masterbation and for 2 years ive been thinking the same way, untill one day I decided to experiment. Its been about 2 weeks since masterbation and all I can say is... You are all wrong, there is a direct link with masterbation and acne and its all got something to do with your hormonal status.

Ive had acne on my back, face and scalp areas, all moderate.. I started changing my diet and eliminated all sugars from my diet, I also cut my intake of dairy products completely.. This all helped fairly well I had less inflamed acne. I also took centrum the complete multivitamin tablets which also reduced the acnes severity.. But acne still came, my goal was not to reduce the acne it was to eliminate it..

I started reading about how masterbation can affect acne and I decided to experiment with it.. I did masterbation basically 2 times a day, every day and so I stopped and so far a period of 2 weeks has gone by and my acne has been reduced by 90%. I no longer get big inflamations, 1 or 2 small little white dots come on my face now and then, my back is healing very well its no longer inflamed and my scalp acne has been completely eliminated..

Since acne has something to do with your hormonal imbalance it is very logical to assume that masterbation has a direct link to acne as it is in essence linked with your hormones.. So all I can say is experiment, stop masterbating, give it a good solid 2 weeks and I promise you can see results. Those of you say its got nothing to do with masterbation have not experimented for yourselves and just read off others and assume the same thing.. Which is exactly what I did but nothing is certain so try it..

My reccomendation.. Experiment with it for 1 month and I am very sure it will help you eliminate acne by 90%:

1) eliminate dairy products from your diet.. Completely, no butter, no milk, no cream, no yogurt.. I know you will think.. Well 1 spoon wont hurt.. But just experiment with it, it wont kill you..

2) eat lots of fruits, personally I eat 2 apples a day.

3) drink a lot of water.. If you guzzle down cola I dont know what to say to you..

4) take multivitamin tablets (centrum)

5) drink green tea, its taste is not that bad and its a very effective antioxidant..

6) in my oppinon.. The most important of all.. Stop masterbating.. I know its hard.. But think of it this way.. Masterbation = pimples = no girls.

I know a bunch of people will start spamming and saying im wrong by trying to indicate medical science but there is still a lot about the human body we do not know, all im saying is experiment because I stopped masterbation and I can tell you.. My acne has been reduced by 90%.. Dont just assume what other people say.. Experiment for yourself..

Hope this helps..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JimboLimbo
|

replied December 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Masterbation And Its Link to Acne
jimbolimbo wrote:
there are several people here who claim acne has no link with masterbation and for 2 years ive been thinking the same way, untill one day I decided to experiment. Its been about 2 weeks since masterbation and all I can say is... You are all wrong, there is a direct link with masterbation and acne and its all got something to do with your hormonal status.

Ive had acne on my back, face and scalp areas, all moderate.. I started changing my diet and eliminated all sugars from my diet, I also cut my intake of dairy products completely.. This all helped fairly well I had less inflamed acne. I also took centrum the complete multivitamin tablets which also reduced the acnes severity.. But acne still came, my goal was not to reduce the acne it was to eliminate it..

I started reading about how masterbation can affect acne and I decided to experiment with it.. I did masterbation basically 2 times a day, every day and so I stopped and so far a period of 2 weeks has gone by and my acne has been reduced by 90%. I no longer get big inflamations, 1 or 2 small little white dots come on my face now and then, my back is healing very well its no longer inflamed and my scalp acne has been completely eliminated..

Since acne has something to do with your hormonal imbalance it is very logical to assume that masterbation has a direct link to acne as it is in essence linked with your hormones.. So all I can say is experiment, stop masterbating, give it a good solid 2 weeks and I promise you can see results. Those of you say its got nothing to do with masterbation have not experimented for yourselves and just read off others and assume the same thing.. Which is exactly what I did but nothing is certain so try it..

My reccomendation.. Experiment with it for 1 month and I am very sure it will help you eliminate acne by 90%:

1) eliminate dairy products from your diet.. Completely, no butter, no milk, no cream, no yogurt.. I know you will think.. Well 1 spoon wont hurt.. But just experiment with it, it wont kill you..

3) drink a lot of water.. If you guzzle down cola I dont know what to say to you..

5) drink green tea, its taste is not that bad and its a very effective antioxidant..

6) in my oppinon.. The most important of all.. Stop masterbating.. I know its hard.. But think of it this way.. Masterbation = pimples = no girls.

I know a bunch of people will start spamming and saying im wrong by trying to indicate medical science but there is still a lot about the human body we do not know, all im saying is experiment because I stopped masterbation and I can tell you.. My acne has been reduced by 90%.. Dont just assume what other people say.. Experiment for yourself..

Hope this helps..

the only thing I can tell you is its "masturbation" not masterbation.... And I seriously doubt it has to do with acne...
|

replied December 30th, 2006
So emma.. What your saying is that masturbation has no relevance to acne.. Even if your acne is due to a hormonal imbalance.. Since your logic is so flawless would you like to share your wisdom with the rest of the community and explain how someone with a hormonal imbalance will not be affected if they continue masterbation. Im really curious on this matter since I find it difficult to imagine how masterbation is irrelevant to hormonal activity.

Kthxdie
|

replied January 15th, 2007
jimbolimbo wrote:
so emma.. What your saying is that masturbation has no relevance to acne.. Even if your acne is due to a hormonal imbalance.. Since your logic is so flawless would you like to share your wisdom with the rest of the community and explain how someone with a hormonal imbalance will not be affected if they continue masterbation. Im really curious on this matter since I find it difficult to imagine how masterbation is irrelevant to hormonal activity.

Kthxdie

if this was about masturbation

why did you include 5 other factors? How am I supposed to dettermine if this is true or not, if you do 5 other things in your experiment. Why didn't you do a month with no masturbation as the control, and one of these 5 factors you listed .

And you didn't cite your sources for this, I mean I heard from somebody that heard from someone esle that this is true.

I mean if this all true what about kids that have sex?

Quote:

|

replied January 19th, 2007
Good point... That is basic scientific method right there :p
|
Users who thank legendpro for this post: pratpeekay 

replied May 1st, 2009
its absolutely true and there is the science behind that...........Scalp bumps and pimples can be caused by a wide variety of things, not
the least of which are allergic reactions to the harsh chemicals (in
shampoo, conditioner, hair treatments or dyes). In addition
(specifically in males) these pimples can be caused by an
over-abundance of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in his scalp.

dihydrotestosterone

Synonyms: 5-alpha dihydrotestosterone (5AD)

Abbreviations: DHT

Definition: (DI-hy-dro-tes-TOS-te-rone) The male hormone which is actually active in the prostate gland. It is made when the enzyme 5-alpha reductase converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which stimulates the growth of the prostate gland.

prostate gland.... (PRAH-state KAN-sir) A walnut-sized gland in the male reproductive system just below the bladder. It surrounds part of the urethra, the duct that empties the bladder.

The main function of the prostate is to supply fluid for the sperm during ejaculation. PSA is produced by the prostate gland.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Experienced User
Masturbation and acne
JimboLimbo, referring to your original post, you are absolutely right to say there are a lot of things about human body that we are yet to know and I guess scientists are working on that. I don't know but there could perhaps be a link between masturbation and acne. May be someday it will be proven and doctors will also agree. Who knows, we may come to know about other adverse health effects of masturbation as medical science makes more progress.
|

replied May 8th, 2009
Yup
I like this guy with Acne vulgaris Shocked so I decided to see what caused it. Hes not in his teens, so I figured it was a hormone imbalance of masterbation and after reviewing this piece,it might just be that. doctor I had a feeling he did it a lot too. giggle Good post & great experiment! Razz
|

replied June 8th, 2009
I think that the link between acne and masturbation is present. I do not think that masturbation causes acne though. I believe that you masturbate when your blood levels of hormones rise. One side effect of higher blood levels of androgens (male hormones) is acne, and another is the increased urge to masturbate. I think that the key to reducing acne, is reducing levels of androgens. This can be done by eliminating sugar from the diet with exception to fruits in pure form, getting more sleep and stopping masturbation as it decreases your bodies levels of androgens over a period of 2-4 weeks. When stopping masturbation, at first it will be difficult not to, but then after a period of 4 weeks it will become easy and you will no longer think about it often. This is due to the lower levels of androgens in the blood. I have tried this and it has definitely worked to lower androgens that cause acne in teenage males.
|