Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Questions... Gaining Too Much Weight? Measuring Small?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I went to the doctors and he did an ultra sound, and measured the baby. He said the baby is around 8 weeks 3 days, but that would of made the first day of my last period on the 7th of december, and I know it was on the 2nd. Does that mean that my baby is growing slower than normal? Also I have put on abou 6 lbs since about a month ago. I was 119 on the 25th and now I am 125. Am I putting on too much weight?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Its All Okay
When I first had my ultrasound I thought it was with my period. The Dr. Told me in that case I got pregnant after I had my period, most commonly happens before and after your periods cause the egg is lower at that point and easier to get through to. Now about your weight mine has gone up and down. I went the first time I had lost 2 pounds, 2nd time, gained 10 pounds, went back and lost 4 pounds. All together I had only gained 4 pounds during my pregnany. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and 2 days. I know I have gained, but I wont know how much until the 5th on thursday. I will let you know. Laughing
|

replied February 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ive gained like 10 lbs or maybe 12.. I will find out how much more on thursday the 5th too.. Weird, harren, same day onthat too* thats when I will see my ob. Dont worry about gaining too much im sure ur fine. And all babys grow at different rates its ok.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul