Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Should I Keep Trying ?

I am a 25 year old female and my girlfriend that is 22 broke up with me 3 1/2 months ago after 6 years.The last year and 1/2 have been rocky.We both have issues.One day back in september a guy from her work called her and we got in a big fight over it , she told me he was just a friend but I told her to pack her stuff and go to her moms so she did.This wasent the first time he called her and come to find out he really liked her alot.So she stayed with her mom for about a week and she has been living with him.This guy is such a loser and seems like he is going no where in life.He works at a pizza shop , has no car, smokes pot all day , lives in a hotel room and has drug charges against him.I have owned my own business for 4 years now I bought my house when I was 21 and I am financially stable. I got my !**@! straight.Everytime I try to call her he answers the phone and will not let me talk to her.So I called her at work about 2 weeks ago and she told me that she still loves me and missed me and thinks about me constantly .She also told me she does not want me to stop calling her.Since we broke up I have been seeing a coucler weekly.I have really worked on alot of my issues and changed alot .I really love this woman and dont know what to doi feel like I shouldnt give up on us and our love.I know she loves me its like she is just blocking me out.I know it has nothing to do with being gay or not becuase she told me.We were engagged and we even had our childrens names picked out.She just keeps telling me it will never work out between us.I dont know how to make her see that things would be differant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Save yourself any more pain and cut all contact with her.I know thats not what you want but its the oly way you will heal from it,trust me,i've been there.When my ex and I brokw up we continued to talk every once in a while but in all reality it just mae the wound deeper.Trust me,if she really wanted to be with you she wouldn't be with that loser.
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2006
Experienced User
I really don't undertand how she can say she misses you, loves you and does not want to stop talking to you but yet turns around and says it is not going to work out between you two. Has she explained why it would not work out for you two? Your post is a few weeks old but if your still wanting advice or to talk ,reply if you want to
|