Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

White Feces, Flatulence, Upset Stomach, Sore Throat

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
My husband is having some problems over the last two days. He began having a sore throat yesterday and some congestion. Now today he has an upset stomach, white feces, and very pale urine. He is still congested and has a sore throat. And he has had an abundance of flatulents all day. What could be causing this? Please help! I am concerned something terrible may be wrong!
-sandi
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lolorskates
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I think white feces mean a bile problem, but there are many different causes too I think.

I don't know what your husband's condition is, but here is a start: I have a link to a page of reasons for pale stool. You can try searching for other his other related symptoms under those 54 reasons.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/pal e_stool/causes.htm
|

replied April 17th, 2008
white poop
I had that same thing, white poop, sore throat...thought i had larigitis or how ever you spell it. I am a drinker but i drink beer.... I feel like thowing up, i have no energy, constantly tired, i was told that it's a sign of my liver giving out, but i think it might be from sum type of flu or something...this web siter hasn't help me at all ....if anybody knows any info please contact me.
|

replied January 31st, 2009
I am currently taking Anatomy and Physiology as a nursing prerequisite class...here's what I do know about white stool. Feces and urine actually obtain their characteristic colors within a cycle that does include the liver and the large intestine (which may explain the abdominal and bowel discomfort). Here's roughly how it all works:
Bilirubin (a waste product leftover from blood cell breakdown/recycling by the body) is sent to the liver. This is where the liver should release it into bile, which will then travel from the large intestine to the small intestine. In the large intestine, bacteria converts bilirubin (a waste product leftover from blood cell breakdown) into something called urobilinogen. Now some of this stuff usually is absorbed back into the blood, and then the rest of it is excreted in the urine where it is responsible for the yellowish coloring. Urobilinogen is also converted into a brown pigment called stercobilin, which is excreted in the feces and makes them brown.
So, yeah...it is probable that the issue is in fact a problem with the liver. You should go to a physician asap if you have not already, because these symptoms point to many things that could be very serious.
|

replied March 13th, 2009
child 8 years, white poop, fever
does anyone have any idea what this could be
|

replied March 19th, 2009
11 month old
My son has been sick 4 almost a month now with white poop and has been throwingup here and there and had blood in his stool one day and also has been very very fussy. I took him 2 the doc and he said he was just sick. So I took him home and he started to throwup again like a week later. So I took him back he did a bloodtest and everything came back ok but his liver count it came back 5600 and the norm in an adult is 38 to 123 they said with kids it can be higher but not this high so we did an ultrasound and it came back ok. So the doc told us that he was just sick and 2 go home and let him get over it. Well a week later no better so I call the doc again and told him hes no better he cries all the time and sleeps alday long not the norm 4 him so we did x-rays because when u push on his belly he cries like crazy and they said they came back ok 2. So I don't know what to do or think someone pls helpme. I'm soooo worried about my baby.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
have your Dr test him for HLH, or Histiocytosis. My friends son was overlooked for 10 months. Drs are very ignorant about this disease as it is rare. best of luck to you.
|

replied April 14th, 2009
white poop
i have been expeiriencing some uncomfortable stomach aches and abdominal pains i thought it was because i was starting my period because i am quite over due. However i recently expeirnece a white poop. i have been taking some fiber pills and thought that that might be causeing it. i have also been very stressed latley could that also be a cause?
|

replied July 4th, 2009
white feces
FROM WIKI-ANSWER:

Actually, human feces are brown and not white
Go see a physician because white feces (pale stool) is typically a sign of disease. There are many causes but could be a result of liver disorder, pancreas disorder, biliary disorder, and/or other digestive problems.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
For the Mother with a sic son:
I am studying in nursing (french) and if the doctors can not find nothing, I would ask them to check for any
Refractory Celiac Disease: Refractory Celiac Disease is celiac disease that fails to respond to treatment which involves a gluten-free diet. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder characterized by intolerance to gluten by the small intestine. The condition is quite uncommon and often the resulting poor absorption of nutrients from the intestines leads to a poor prognosis. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Refractory Celiac Disease is available below.
Usual symptoms are:
-nosea, vomiting, fatigue, white feces, and muscular aches.
Hope it helps
Shawna
|

replied August 15th, 2009
White Feces after surgery
Some good information here: My sister has been experiencing white feces for over a month after a high risk surgery she underwent, she has a drain tube on her and the doctor says is because of the drain. Is that true?
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
White stool
This reply is to Josh! I just wanted to let you know that my father was a beer drinker as well NO LIQUER ever! He died of cirrosis of the liver with kidney failure at 49 years of age. If I were you I would go see a Gastroenterologist asap.
|

replied June 5th, 2010
Go get help D:
We've established that white feces isn't healthy/normal, and that the liver could be involved.

Seriously, I think all of you should see a doctor.
If they try to tell you you're fine, and make you leave, refuse and threaten them with a lawsuit.

Because something's obviously wrong and they're trying to brush you off.

And to jhatfiel, I have no idea what heartless doctor would neglect the needs a small helpless baby and a worried parent.
I would suggest you fight like hell to get your child some real help.
I sincerely hope things get better for you both Smile
<3
|

replied May 14th, 2011
White Bowl movement
I am a recovering Opiate addict, I have been recently taking Flomax to help me with what U thinis a swollen prostate, si I can get rid of the urine fkuids in my system reuularly. I take 2 stool softner.laxatives mixture by Sinne these are vetgetable based, because the Acetemenopene in the Hydrocodone isquite high and cause constipation, Today I noticed my bowel movement was white mostly, I thoughtmaybe it was just that I had been eating wierd and I am taking vegtable laxatives, but prior to this I have had flu like syptoms runny nose and most importantly waking up soaking wet with night sweats, where I am frezzing and I have to put a dry shirt on,

My last liver Ultrasound a few years ago showed that she couldn't read much of the rear portions of liver, someting called fatty liver and if you liver labs are still within normal or only slightly evelvate the DR won't care.

I will see if this continues I wil go to Dr, I know last night I woke up delerious and was ealkinginto walls all over the house until I tripped over the coffee table with me head next to the fireplace poker, I thougt for sure I had broken ribs, turns out I have just a nasty abrasion on my leg.

Please let it not be my liver but I m ight welcome it as a sign to completely get of the Opiated for my chronic back pain, I recently had a spine epideral blocker and MRI on my back, I have severe curvature of the spine and inherited Scholioasis.

I'll let you all now but I swear if it is, I will put my self in detox quick providing I don't need to go on Dialysys.
I ams till peeinf frequently andvery yellow and potent.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
very pale stools
My two year old daughter seemed to catch what i thought was a stomach virus at daycare. of course with a stomach virus they'll have loose stools but besides them being runny, they've been very pale. that only lasted a couple of days and the stools are not runny anymore but extremely soft and still very pale. Is this just because of the sickness? She acts like she feels fine though
|