Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Bloating After Gallbadder Surgery!

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Ok, i'm gonna sound like a baby or crazy. I had my gallbladder removed last wednesday, (12/6) and i'm still feeling quite tired. I also still feel gasy and bloated in my upper abdomen, has anyone else experienced this? How long before I should start to worry that something is dractically worng. I'm stressing over it so much, (dr. Says normal) that I think i'm making it worse, I need to hear that i'm not alone.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thanna
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
From what ive heard bloatings common, i think a month following the surgery. Eventually your body will go back to normal , well as normal as can be without the gallbladder.
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Me Too...
I had my gallbladder removed on Friday, Dec 14th. I noticed when I finally had enough energy to take a shower - my stomach is extremely bloated. I have been eating as normal, so I'm wondering if I should be concerned or not?
|

replied February 14th, 2008
bloated belly
I'm distended to the point where I look 6 mos. pregnant It hurts I can't breath in my right ribs hurt this is day five after surgery.
|

replied February 15th, 2008
I had my gallbladder out Feb 8, 2008 and I am currently going through a lot of bloating, and gassiness. I'm going to start taking digestive enzymes soon to see if that helps, and step of my probiotics. I'm sure this will pass in time.
|

replied August 1st, 2008
Bloating LONG After Gallbladder Surgery
I had my gall bladder removed in September of 2006. I immediately noticed bloating in my upper abdomen and was told that it was normal for a month or 2. It has been almost 2 years now and the bloating has not subsided AT ALL. I was also told that walking & exercise would alleviate the bloating issue shortly. I work out 3 times a week and get plenty of exercise, and still, the bloating is a constant. It never goes down. Is there a miracle cure for this or a different approach that can take....ANY advise would be greatly appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE -Mark P.
|

replied December 25th, 2011
I am contemplating gall bladder surgery, mainly because of bloating.
I am frightened by your post of 2 years of more bloating.
Did you ever figure it out?
|

|

replied December 23rd, 2008
bloating
I am 5 days post-op and the bloating is horrible. I had terrible bloating before surgery and this was one of the major reasons I wanted the gallbladder out! I also have gluten intolerance so I watch carefully what I eat. I really hope this goes away after a while.
|

|

replied November 28th, 2009
I was following the gallbladder diet after surgery perfectly and was recovering well (http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallblad derdiet.shtml#gallbladderdiet)
but then on thanksgiving I ate whatever I wanted and did so for two days after...I have the worse case of bloating and pain. I am so bloated I look 6 months pregnant. I am convinced this is a diet related problem after the gall bladder is removed. I am going back to following the gall bladder diet strictly. It is a big change but when I was on it, my stomach was flat, I felt energetic, and had no pain or symptoms. As soon as I deviated, all those symptoms everyone is speaking of came on me for the first time. I hope this helps.
|

replied February 9th, 2010
gas and bloating
I had severe gas and bloating before surgery and am disappointed to realize since my surgery 12/17 that it is NOT going away. I am not overweight and eat extremely healthy but it doesn't matter. Jeans that are baggy in the morning are too tight to button by the time I get home from work. Anybody have any luck trying bile salts?
|

replied August 25th, 2010
My sister had her gallbladder removed two years ago. She has had nothing but pain and bloating ever since. She looks like she is 6 to 8 months pregnant. She has been to all kinds of doctors and nothing has helped. She feels burning sensations in her stomach all the time. The bloating is really getting to her. I am very worried!! Has anyone experienced this?????
|

replied December 28th, 2011
I had surgery on Friday, still having gas and bloating.. but I found eating an atikins bar, and 1 cup of coffee totally helped.
|

replied June 19th, 2013
Gallbladder removal symptoms after surgery
I had my gallbladder removed last Thursday and I have bloating and pain way more than before surgery but I did have to fly for 4.5 hours after surgery which didn't help w the pain factor- having to sit upright.
My sickness, dizziness and shoulder/back pain has almost gone so that's great! Eating little and often (and I mean little amounts) really helps- also juices. Also I was told not to drink coffee, but after 5 days of constipation I figured it would help and it did. My bloating also went down for a few hours. It's come back now but not as much as before. Good luck to everyone, hope we all feel better soon Wink
Oh I also don't eat dairy or gluten and haven't for years so maybe that helps - give it a go! Wink
|

replied July 22nd, 2013
Gall Bladder Surgery
Hi i had my gall bladder removed 03/07/2013- Healing please dont have dairy products and eat small amounts frequently...To all GET well Soon....
|