Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness On Right Side of Body

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have a friend that has been experiencing numbness and muscle atrophy on just her right side. They have tested her for ms, lupus and other such conditions. She slowly is getting sensation back in her arms, but cannot lift weights like she used to with her right arm and leg. Her shoulder muscles have weakened and the same in her legs. Does anyone know what this could possibly be or point me in some direction to help her. Doctors have done blood work numerous times and it has come back normal, her mri's are all normal. The doc's have no explanation for her, one said it was psychosomatic. Any suggestions could be greatly appreciated. Supposedly she has no pinched nerves, nothing that is visible for a diagnosis. Thanks for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jstarr13
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2008
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*Godmother
So very sorry no one even came here to say hello and welcome to eHealth.....I am here now. I do hope your friend has found out the cause of her muscle weakness. I also hope jstarr13 will return to eHealth.
|

replied July 26th, 2008
You are a good friend, to reach for help and advice in order to assist your friend in her recovery. I also hope she found out what was wrong, and was able to make a full recovery
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Did your friend ever find out what was wrong with her? My husband has similar symptoms and the MRI shows nothing so far.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov