Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Clumpy white genital discharge after sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have a clumpy white discharge that only comes out after I have sex with my bf. It actually went away for about a week, and then the next week I had my period, and now its come back. It has no odor, I have none of the typical yeast infection symptoms. It actually started after I went to a planned parenthood and had a pap exam. I have had no other side effects, but i have changed my type of bc-but only after the discharge started. What could be causing this? I have had an increase in caffeine intake since I work at a coffeehouse, and my diet hasn't been the best....but its been that way for a while and this only started a few weeks ago. What could it be thats causing it?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Sexual Health - Women Answer A2006
Genital discharge (genital fluor) can be due to increased secretion by the oviducts, uterus, cervix, vagina or vulva. Vaginal discharge is the most common type. There could be various reasons for genital discharge but infection is the most frequent cause of discharge. Genital discharge after sex could be due to increased secretion of the Bartholini’s glands placed in the vulva. You can consult a gynecologist to exclude infection.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.