Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Burning Pain On Right Side of Head.

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
It started around june of 2002 I get this mild pain only on the right side of the head along with burning electriclike shooting pain. It does it everyday ive been to a few doctors and had 3 cat scans done and some blood test which came up negative. Im trying to get them to do a mri and also to get to a neauolgist but with cheap or no insurance thats hard to do. Im going to rule out anxiety, thyroid, blood surger,annemia,and all that other good stuff. Can you give me any ideas. P/s I did have 2 ear operations about 11 years ago but saw an ent doctor everything is fine. Kevin1965
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kevin1965
|

replied April 20th, 2007
Re: Burning Pain On Right Side of Head.
[quote="kevin1965"]It started around june of 2002 I get this mild pain only on the right side of the head along with burning electriclike shooting pain. It does it everyday ive been to a few doctors and had 3 cat scans done and some blood test which came up negative. Im trying to get them to do a mri and also to get to a neauolgist but with cheap or no insurance thats hard to do. Im going to rule out anxiety, thyroid, blood surger,annemia,and all that other good stuff. Can you give me any ideas.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I definitely suggest you get in to see a neurologist. They will be your best bet as to figuring out what the pain is. So just stay on it until you can find one you can afford.

The burning pain sounds as though it could be a nerve. There are many nerves that run through out our head/scalp that can cause intense pain when irratated. Do you keep a pain journal? That could help you figure out if you have triggers and what they might be. This can also be a helpful tool for doctors to help in diagnosing.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
kevin1965 wrote:
It started around june of 2002 I get this mild pain only on the right side of the head along with burning electriclike shooting pain. It does it everyday ive been to a few doctors and had 3 cat scans done and some blood test which came up negative. Im trying to get them to do a mri and also to get to a neauolgist but with cheap or no insurance thats hard to do. Im going to rule out anxiety, thyroid, blood surger,annemia,and all that other good stuff. Can you give me any ideas. P/s I did have 2 ear operations about 11 years ago but saw an ent doctor everything is fine. Kevin1965

Kevin I have that too. I have had it for about 4 years on and off. I have a bad neck right in the back of my head where the neck meet the head. It cracks and pops often. I was told after a number of test it was nerves. It isn't a pleasnt feeling. But after all the test where done and I found out what it was is was not so unbearable..
|

replied April 25th, 2007
Kevin
I'm with meblond01, i think your problem could be related to your spine. you have obviously had every test under the sun bar the MRI, i'd go and speak with a physio first and then chiro. I suffer from burning, shooting, electric type shocks and its diagnosed as cervical headaches. May be similar and less evasive that an MRI. Check it out hopefully this might shed some light for you.

Linda

kevin1965 wrote:
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Burning At Top of Head, Like Acid Being Poured Over Head
Hello,

My wife has had this burning feeling on the top of her head, like the radius of an eraser head for 4 months now. We have had mri's scans, acupuncture, chiroprcture, and nothing seems to work. She has had some ringing in her ears ever since we went on a flight about a year ago but that has cleared up after a through cleaning from e.n.t. doctor. Anyone ever find a solution?
|

replied February 19th, 2008
Burning Pain Right Side of Head
See your dentist. It could be TMJ - temperal mandibular joint syndrome. The jaw is a complex joint. Teeth clenching and bruxism can cause severe one-sided headaches, neck and back pain, ear aches, jaw pain, eye pain, sinus pain etc etc. It is simple to cure. A good dentist will fit you for a splint you wear at night (similar to a retainer). Headaches will disappear in days...no drugs!! Good Luck!
|

replied July 24th, 2009
Headaches and Caffeine
I was reading that caffeine helps with headaches. I also noticed that it is one of the ingredients in Excedrine. You might try some coffee or soda for temporary releif, or Excedrine in until you are able to find out what is going on. Hope the pain goes away. Headaches are aweful.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Several Years ago, I had the same shooting pains thru my head, Thought I had MS. Doctor did some blood work and found my B12 levels were very low. After taking high doses of B12 I was fine.
|

replied September 24th, 2012
what kind of headache is this
I never have a headache, but the other day I had one worst ever in my life it was so painful thought I was dying. It was in the middle of my brain felt like it was burning also lost sight and my legs was paralzed temp lasted for 10 minutes could not move out of my control
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski