Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Help For Acne Sufferers!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm not trying to market a product here, let me make that perfectly clear...

I have had acne since I was 13. It was never serious and I could easily cover it with make up. I didn't think too much of it until I was about it until I turned 20 and my acne got progressively worse. My mild acne problem began to turn into cystic bumps appearing on my cheeks and forehead. Not only that, they left horrible purple/brown fade marks when they healed. I tried every otc topical medication I could and nothing really worked. It seemed hopeless!

I went to a dermatolist as a last resort and he put me on minomycin and prescribed a topical compound mixture of benzac, kojic acid and clindamycin. I haven't had a problem since! The only side effect of minomycin is that my skin can become overly dry now so I must apply a moisturizing cream a few times daily.

Ask your doc for a prescription!

Regards,
digby Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|