Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Baby Names Forum

Hard Time.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Name picking is soooo hard. I'm a pretty indecisive person by nature, and I really can't settle on a name. Are you guys still happy with the names you picked for your children?

What do you all think of the name .Myra?... Like the girl from .The .Order.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I am completely satisfied with my daughter's name. I came up with her first name, so that's always been fine by me. Her middle name I wasn't completely happy with at first, but now that she's here it completely suits her personality. Her name is very unique and I am still in love with it.

Myra is nice and unique too!
|

replied December 9th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm sure it won't make a difference if you wait until you meet your baby before you name 'em. At least then the name will suit the personality.
|

replied December 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know either. Myra sounds like an old persons name to me. I like marissa, but it will probably get shortened to maris or rissa which I dont like. Im going to check where sophia is in the most common names list for the uk.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I love my boys and a name definitely won't change anything, but I hate that we named little .Brian after his father. It can be such a pain at times!
|

Especially eHealthy
We were set on naming our baby finn from the moment we found out he was a boy so I had plenty of time to get used to it. There were times during the first week that he was here though that I kept thinking he just didn't seem like a finn but I think it's because I was rarely calling him by his name and it wasn't natural to me. Now that I refer to him by name to other people and try to call him by his name as much as possible i'm happy with it again and I couldn't imagine calling him anything else.

It is tough though, but I also think getting to name a human being is one of the coolest things you'll ever get to do.

Honestly, i'm not a big fan of myra. It is different and unique but to me it sounds like an old lady name. It also reminds me of urkle's girlfriend, I think that was her name.

I know you've been thinking of avery though, and I love that! I also love sage, I know a little girl with that name and she is one of the cutest kids ever! Oh, and i'm a big fan of paisley too! I'm probably not helping...
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I'm a fan of avery and sage too.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I love the name .Avery.. It's sooo pretty.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Myra
I guess it is a pretty cool name when you think about it.

My initial repsonce was oohhh noo, becuase I used to know a myra who was a complete nutcase, with no teeth, even though she wasn't that old.

She spoke with a horrible slurpy lisp too, probably due to no teeth.

But, after my own private initial shudders at the memory, I came around to the actul name itself pretty quick!!

I like "m" names. My 2nd daughter's name is maeve, (middle name ellen) and I loved it from the second I re-discovered it in a names book- which was before we even conceived her !!! (or knew that we had anyway)

we named our first little girl sinead.(middle names mary-agnes), but we mostly call her nadie.

Other nice girl names that were on our short list were

lily
daisy
mae
grace
ermm... Can't rmember any more, "maeve ellen" blew tham all out of the water!!
|

Experienced User
When I found out that im having a boy. .I went through books of names of boys lol and then im like well I like dakota.. And it suits him perfectly now.. I love him ... But

my favorite celebrities... Ashley parker angel.. Named his son lyric.. And lol idk if its sound stupid or geeky or anything.. But it suits his on..

Whatever that you like and no one else int he family have it.. Go for it.

Btw I love the name avery and sage lol ..
|