Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sneezing, Coughing Causes Peeing Pants While Pregnant..

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am 22 wks along, and I just can't stop dribbling alittle when I sneeze or cough. I am trying those kegals or whatever those exercises are called to help, but it's not really doing the job. Any good advice.. Confused
Beth
edd 12 :25-03
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank cantwait2bmom for this post: starbaby_1988 

replied August 25th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
With the baby now taking over in your stomach, it makes less room for everything else, including your bladder which means your bladder is very weak and cramped. As you get deeper into your pregnancy you will find out that you will be peeing more frequently because of the less room to hold your bladder. Nothing to worry about though. Good luck on you baby and congratulations! Maybe while going to the restroom, stop, then go, then hold it, then go. This excersize strengthens the muscles a bit so it might help. Do it a few times a day!
|
Users who thank nikki_caro for this post: starbaby_1988 

replied January 20th, 2009
COUGHING AND PEEING YOUR PANTSWHAT
What if you are not pregnant, and you pee your pants when coughing,jumping or running. you don't even have the urge to urinate,but it leaks out anyway? haven't been pregnant for 19 years?
|
Users who thank lumpy for this post: starbaby_1988 

replied April 13th, 2009
Wear a pad
Yes, I'm experiencing that when coughing and peeing on myself. I have found that wearing a pad works as sometimes you may cough, sneeze, and unintentially pee would come dripping out and there goes another fresh pair of underwear. I have found that wearing a pad really helps with those small accidents.
|
Users who thank zelda2615 for this post: starbaby_1988 

replied May 21st, 2009
peeing and coughing
i am 30weeks pergnet and i cant stop coughing everytime i cough i pee its driving mne and my husband crazy (in a seens). i wear a pad and change it everytime i go to the bathroom in needed. but for some resson i just cant stop coughing i am taking tussin Dm and cough drops but still no luck. what can i do if anything? please some addvice anyone?
|

replied October 1st, 2009
need answer/s for symptoms
"COUGHING AND PEEING YOUR PANTSWHAT
What if you are not pregnant, and you pee your pants when coughing,jumping or running. you don't even have the urge to urinate,but it leaks out anyway? haven't been pregnant for 19 years?" lumpy

does it a disease or something if you are having symptoms like lumpy?
is there any other solution/s except wearing pad?
please do reply, i really appreciate it. thank u
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
if you are not pregnant you may have a weak bladder or urethra (spelling?) a doc may be able to help with it. i have a weak bladder and i never completely empty my bladder even if i feel like i have which was intencified while i was pregnant, the long you hold it when you gotta go the more chance you have of developing it. i honestly am not sure there is a 100% solution other than surgery or meds. some may suggest exersizing that area to tighten the muscles.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur