Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Trying to Get Pregnant

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
My husband and I have been trying ttc for 1 year now. I didn't know this would be so frustrating. We want so bad to have a baby. There are a few things that did worry me but now have been taken care of. He no longer smokes and I am loosing some weight. I've been told that weight was a factor. If there is anyone else out there frustrated like me, let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 13th, 2007
Me Too
Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby now for about 6 months and I am very frustrated and so is he. I did get pregnant about a year ago but had a miscarage at 2 1/2 months and that scared me so bad that I didnt want to try for a baby for a long time. But now I cant even get pregnant. What I found out is that using home ovluation tests is the best way to go. It will tell you when you are ovulating. I was also told it can take up to a year to get pregnant and after that if you are still not pregnant then you need to go and seek help from a doctor. Make sure that you dont have any stds or any kind of a bacterial infection. These will cause infertility. Has he been tested to see if he is fertile? Hope I could help.
|

replied February 16th, 2007
Ive been ttc for over a year and a half now. I have 2 kids already, new husband has none. He was checked out and all is well. I was checked out, and nothing was found. I ve been on clomid for 5 months, and just had the doseage raised. Its very frustrating! Here's wishing u all lots of baby luck!!
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2007
Experienced User
I Hear You
My husband an I have been trying for 2 years. After 2 miscarriages, and much trauma, I am now on clomid, going second month. It is hard and disheartning specially when you really want babies. There isn't a moment that goes by and I don't think about What am I doing wrong? Will we ever have kids? Could I be pregnant? Will I have another miscarriage? Am I unhealthy and just don't know it yet? I difinately feel you guys...Sending you all the best
|

replied February 26th, 2007
My fincee and I are also trying to get pregnant and I have seen a doctor and he said it might help to loose weight and I have lost a little but I have a not had a period in a while and doctor said being over weight might be it but not shure. So dont feel bad you arent the only one in the same position. Good luck to you
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Cant Get Pregnant
hi ive been trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs now and nothing. i think the problem is that when my hsd shoots inside 2 or 3 min. go by and they come out of me . i just dont understan why.
pls help Sad
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Can I Get Pregnant?
I posted previously,hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle,my husband an I were told many things,STOP USING TAMPONS,limit caffeine,smoking,put pillow under butt(before and after) raise hips/butt after with legs elavated (sp) for several hours if possible,no baths-showers only for 48-72 hrs,no creams/gels etc unless KY ,I was not to orgasm,try at 3-5 days after period ended(not all womans cycle is ALWAYS the same) ,relax,''do it in the car-pretend you are a teen who isn't concerned''(okay dr was a little weird),Do not use dlidos-vibrators-etc-during ''try time'',remove clitoral piercing(ooowee-not applied to me)limit stress,limit ''heavy exercise'',try acupuncture,herbalogist,(sp),do it doggie style if tipped uterus,-do it on vacation!,rub a Buddhas' belly,folic acid,no douching,no hot tubs,no vaseline type products,enjoy love(making) ,check into large chain book stores for added info.,I have overcome cervical/uterine cancer-1/4 cervix removed and chemo,1 functioning ovary-husband 1 testicle----health food stores,heard about sardines(not sure about that one ,but possible)CAN'TREMEMBER ALL FROM''LOST POST'' but GOOD LUCK,hope to hear a + result,blessings,send me private mail if you like,want everyone to be successful,had a whacked DR but was awesome.
|

replied January 14th, 2008
me and my fiance have been tryin ti get pregnant for about for months. no luck yet i guess it just takes time. ive heard it takes up to a year to concieve and if no luck go to the docter.good luck
|