Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Blood In Urine And Other Horrible Symptoms

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Lately I have seen blood in my urine, usually the urine is clear but the last bit is bloody and the "after drops" are all bloody. My urine smells and feels very acidy and it burns before during and after I wee. I am also peeing a lot more than usual. I do not have any blood in my semen but I do feel pain in my eurethra during ejaculation. This has been going on for about 2 years but has gotten worse lately. I saw my gp who thought it was a uti and gave me an antibiotic. About 3 months ago I went to a urologist who did a finger rectal exam, scanned my liver kidneys and prostate but all seemed to be in order. He took blood and urine to be tested and my psa level was ok, and he told me all was functioning normally but my blood test was positive for bilharzia. I took a course of bultricide and thought that was the end of that. Boy was I wrong. I still have all my symptoms which do disappear from time to time only to come back with a vengeance. Sometimes there are small blood clots in my urine as well. I dont know what to do and I am terrified to go back to the urologist in case I have something dreadful. Someone told me it could be cystitis but I have no physical pain in my bladder and I dont feel ill at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 9th, 2006
The last thing that should keep you from seeing a doctor is the fear that you are sick. If you are, then the longer you wait the worse it will get. You could just have a very pernicious infection. If the antibiotics helped, it's possible you just need to take them for much longer to get every last little germ or bacteria. Many times antibiotics kill off enough of the infection that it seems like it's gone, but the tiny bit of residual infection eventually grows back. Go to a doctor. Ask him about possibly going on a course of antibiotics for much longer than you have before. Also, no caffeine or alcohol in the meantime.
Regards,
richard day gore
|
Did you find this post helpful?