Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Bathing

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago with the dissolving stitches put in, I was wondering when I could soak in the bath tub. I take hot showers so please don't think I don't bathe, but really miss not being able to soak in a nice hot bath. Thanks in advance for your advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Bathing...
....Turn on that tub and soak to your heart's desire.
Enjoy!!

I was in that tub within a few days and I did just fine.

Hope you're feeling better these days!
|

replied April 30th, 2004
I am new to this board and just had a complete hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to find the answer to this question all week with no luck contacting my doctor. Thank you so much for your assistance...You have made my day! :d
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Hi
Hi,
thats the first question I asked my doc on my two weeks post op visit, can I take a long bath now??? And he said yes. So I think you can.

Although I was chicken and waited until yesterday!!!
Take care,
pat
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Bathing...
My doctor said absolutely not until 6 weeks post op. I will do as she suggests. I know other doctors will allow it sooner, but why take a chance? I'll wait and then I will never ever get out of the tub again! Laughing
|
Quick Reply