Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Safe to Have Gum/teeth Work While Trying to Get Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all,
it's been about 5 months since i've been on this board. I was in my 2nd cycle of iui and all the craziness that goes with it. I had to stop for a very personally family crisis and in that time I have gained 20 pounds. I have also noticed that I need to have major dental/gum work done. I really want to go back the the fertility doctor I was seeing, but will I be able to safely have my gums done while pregnant? I just don't want to take even more time away (time that I so deperately need) to work on the gums. I'm 44 yrs.Old and long for a child of my own. I can't imagine my life without a little one. Also should I be embarrassed to go back to the fertility doctor after leaving 5 months ago and didn't really let them in on the loop. Would it be weird to go back to him?
Any advice would be soooo appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't see why it owuld affect your being pregnant.And yes I think it would be ok to go back to the same doctor.Just explain to them what happened
|
Did you find this post helpful?