Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Difficulty getting pregnant with white discharge

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Actually, we tried to have a baby since last nine months. We have unprotected sex for about 20 times per month. My menstruation cycle is regular. But sometimes my period are come within 3 weeks. A few years ago, i have a vaginal discharge which in transparent liquid and it is a alot. About one year after that, it became whitish and yellowish in color and slowly it is reduce. Am i normal? Do i have a proclem? Please recommend on how to get me pregnant as i want to be a mommy.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2006
Getting Pregnant Answer A1900
At your age (early 20's), 9 months TTC (trying to conceive) without success could be considered a possible sterility problem; you should now ask for medical help. First, your partner should check his sperm count via a spermogram. If everything is OK with his sperm (there are enough mobile spermatozoids present in the semen) then it will be your turn to check out your body. There are several medical investigations that are performed for a woman to identify possible causes for infertility. The purpose of the exams are to verify if you are ovulating, or not... and if your genital organs present a healthy, normal anatomy, or not. Basic gynecological examinations like a vaginal examination, Pap-smear, vaginal smear for microbiology, and a vaginal ultrasound should be done first. Then come the hormonal blood analyses (FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, thyroxin, prolactin). The hormonal analyses and an ultrasound will confirm or exclude the presence of ovulation. If the body is ovulating and creating eggs, the gynecologist will next confirm or deny the presence of a normal passage for the spermatozoids and egg-cell to pass through the genital organs. Normal anatomy of the genital organs can be checked using the following diagnostic procedures: an ultrasound, hystero-salpingo-graphy (HSG), hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
The vaginal discharge you’ve mentioned may be due to a vaginal infection (colpitis). You should also get this checked out by a gynecologist. Some genital infections (gonorrhea, Chlamydia…) can cause sterility. Good luck and please tell us at ehealthforum how things have turned out. Feel free to write us a private message at username: admin.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.