Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Seeing Color Spots

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
My mother is seeing colored spots everywhere she looks. She is 77, has had diabites for several years. Has gone to the eye doc. And was told that she has 20/20 vision. Yet she still has problems seeing and acts like she is blind whenever we go anywhere. Says that she doesn't want to do anything because she cannot see. She spends a lot of time in front of the t.V. What could be going on? ( she has had lots of laser surgery in the past. )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2009
i haven't been diagnosed with diabetes, though i have been tested on a number of occasions for it...mine however, is kinda like a ribbon of colours that disrupt my vision, normally accompanied my migraines...in fact, all the time, not just normally. migraines, pain behind the eyes, and this colour ribbon blocking me from seeing anything..around the area where the ribbon appears, is normally blurred, so even if i wanted to "look around it" so to speak, i wouldn't be able to see anything anyway...any ideas what this could be? i've been to the opticians, but the best the could come up with was photophobia...but i'm not sure, it is quite hard to explain what it's like.
|
Did you find this post helpful?