Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Viginal Smell

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I just finished my menstrual cycle and now I have a terrible viginal smell. Is there anything that you can recommend that I take to take the smell away as it is very embarressing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tracey niekerk
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Well, wish I had a better response but honestly the best thing to do is just wash really well. Douching is really not a good idea - your vagina is self-cleaning & douching interferes with the natural bacterial culture of the vagina. It could also spread or introduce infection.
|

replied December 7th, 2006
deebaby621 wrote:
well, wish I had a better response but honestly the best thing to do is just wash really well. Douching is really not a good idea - your vagina is self-cleaning & douching interferes with the natural bacterial culture of the vagina. It could also spread or introduce infection.

truee.....All I would reccomend is go to your local health clinic or doctor and get medication for it...It should clear up within a week...Dont douche!
It may also be a yeast infection...But I would get it checked out first before you go buying unnecesary creams..
|

replied December 8th, 2006
Experienced User
If it is just the residual smell left over from your menstral cycle, then you can just take a nice long soak in a tub filled with warm water (keep your legs open obviously) no bubble bath.

Now if the smell is caused from an infection i.E fishy smell then you need to see a doctor for meds.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
viginal sore
before my period, i have to have a sign of sore. so this is normal or i have to consult a doctor
|