Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Kids By Different Dads- Your Opinion?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Just wondered what everyone's opinions were on people having kids with different fathers? (no i'm not planning on doing it anytime soon before you start Wink )

do you think it's bad or ok? Do you have a 'half' brother or sister? How has it affected you?

Opinions please ladies! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It doesn't bother me unless there's like 10 kids and 5 different dads, then that'd be kinda weird...But I have a 2 half sisters and 1 half brother, one of my half sister & my brother have the same dads and I have the same mom with both of them, and my other half sister and I have the same dad and different moms.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Do you all ive together?

Was there ever any jealousy/upset when you all see your seperate dads and 'compare notes'
|

Extremely eHealthy
beckster06 wrote:
do you all ive together?

Was there ever any jealousy/upset when you all see your seperate dads and 'compare notes'

no we dont live together, chris, brayden and I are the only ones who live in this house. But my brother comes over daily, we are very close. He's 22. My sister and I don't get along so we never see eachother. Both of our dads are pieces of sh*t, the only good they do is send child support checks every month, I have only seen my dad in person a couple times, and I dont even care to meet him. My brother and sister's dad don't live in the same state, and even if he did they would want nothing to do with him because he's no better. Laughing

we don't care either, because our step dad has been there since we were all really young, and he stepped up to the plate like a man and we aren't even his kids. My parents are divorced and my dad still calls my mom everyday, they are still really close and I see my dad almost everyday aswell. I consider my biological dad my sperm donor. Hahahaa.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Personally I rather have all my kids full siblings, but sometimes things dont work out.. If something were to ever happpen between me and shawn (better not) and I was with someone else and was stilll young and they didnt have kids I would probably have one, I wouldnt want to be the reason why the guy im with dosnt have biological kids because I had a kid with someone else before..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Brayden isn't chris's biological child, and he says it makes no difference to him because he has been there since brayden was in my belly. He treats brayden like his own and buys him things like any other dad would to their kid. Chris and I plan on having a baby together, i've always only wanted 2 kids but there's a chance it might be 3.
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I have two half sisters. One of them (we share dad) i've met once and the other (share a mom) has been there since I was born. I don't think of her as my half sister though. My daughter has a deadbeat dad, and i'm married to someone else and we're having a baby. He's been around since right after juliette turned one (she calls him matt, but she's called him daddy a couple of times recently). He loves her and treats her like his own.
|

User Profile
Supporter
It really doesn't bother me at all as long as the child is payed for by the other parent and has access if possible. My sister has a step daughter who is 10 and her own two kids.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I dont see a problem with it!

A father is one who nurtures and loves a child, even if he wasnt the sperm donor!
|

replied January 20th, 2009
RE:
diamondsz - "sperm donor"? It would be ideal that you knew the person that is the sperm donor to be of father material. you sound screwed up.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2009
Experienced User
people will always judge. there's always the ideal situation but you never know what life is going to throw at you. sure there are people who just don't care that much how many babies they make with whom but most people are doing the best they can.

just do your best to be a good parent and think about your children first. that includes trying to be a good judge of what kind of parent your partner will be before you create a life with them - not because of how it reflects on you but because it will affect the life of your child who has no choice in the matter.

as usual, the stigma is much greater on women than on men in this situation.
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I think it's obviously preferable to have one father.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
obviously with my situation i believe that there can be situations that you cant avoid.

i have 2 kids with 2 different dads but honestly although i love john i wish scott was still here to keep my family going
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Well...
my mom has had 8 kids. All but 2 (twins - me and my sister) by different dads. Pretty insane, but I am so close to my brothers its not even funny. I dont care if they have a different dad, they are no different to me. They didnt get to choose who their father was... or their mother....
|

replied June 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
I have three half-sisters, three half-brothers, two biological sisters and one biological brother. It hasn't affected me in any way, whether positively or negatively. I don't introduce Jimmy as my 'half-brother', et cetera, we're just a family. My older sister is 29 and the youngest is under ten so we haven't always all lived together, just because of age gaps, but I see no difference in my relationship with my full-sibs or half-sibs. It doesn't matter whose blood is whose, I love them all equally.
|