Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Ovarian Cyst.....is This Bad?????

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
I had a hysterectomy in march of this yr due to having cin iii with the presents of carcinoma. During my surgery my doctor removed a cyst off my left ovary.
I just had my yearly this past week an I told him about pain I was having on my left side. When he did my internal exam he said that the was a large lump he could feel on my ovary. He wants me to go for a synogram an possibly remove this ovary.
From what I have been reading ovarian cyst r very common. My question is.... Is this worse then im thinking??? Could it be something more then just a cyst???? Since I had the presents of carcinoma, would I be at a higher risk for ovarian cancer????
Anyone with advise or information for me I would greatly appreciate.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Ovarian Cyst.....is This Bad?????
stefanie48 wrote:
i had a hysterectomy in march of this yr due to having cin iii with the presents of carcinoma. During my surgery my doctor removed a cyst off my left ovary.
I just had my yearly this past week an I told him about pain I was having on my left side. When he did my internal exam he said that the was a large lump he could feel on my ovary. He wants me to go for a synogram an possibly remove this ovary.
From what I have been reading ovarian cyst r very common. My question is.... Is this worse then im thinking??? Could it be something more then just a cyst???? Since I had the presents of carcinoma, would I be at a higher risk for ovarian cancer????

Anyone with advise or information for me I would greatly appreciate.

you had carcinoma in situ from having the hpv virus. Carcinoma of the cervix is not related to, nor does it cause or have any affect on any other potential cancer in your body. It is an entity in and of itself.

So, no, it could not be related in any way whatsoever and does not cause you to be at higher risk for ovarian cancer.

When is your sonogram scheduled? Has he done any other testing? Is he planning on it?

Don't be too worried, ovarian cysts are a dime a dozen and removing them or having a sono done on them does not mean they are cancerous. Wait until the testing is done before you start worrying (easier said than done, I know).

Good luck!
|

replied September 26th, 2009
cyst on only ovary left
I was wondering if anyone here can help me? 2 years ago i had a left ovary removed due to a complex mass. Before the surgery my life side hurt a lot and i was always bleeding. now for a couple months ive had the same symptoms again, not as severe though,on my right side, including the bleeding. ive been going to the doctor since june and had countless ultrasounds. there is a mass on my right ovary and polpys in my uterus. i have an appointment in 3 weeks to discuss a care plan with my doctor. i also had a blood test with a high count of ca-125. im scared im going to lose my other ovary. im only 25, and single. what are the chances that im going to have surgery again, and lose my other ovary? is this something i should be worried about, im really confused? help! any explanation of anything will be helpful
|