Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back Pain, Groin Numbness And Urine Retention

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi

i am still having many problems with severe back pain, numbness and pain in vaginal/rectum areas and inner left thigh and bladder and bowel probs, have to self cath ect and still no diagnosis as yet. Still sitting with a heat pad wedged into my you know what, really fed up. I got a copy of a letter that the neurologist sent to my gp with ref to my emg test but I haven't seen the neurologist {i need the results from the full spine mri I am having tomorrow first} so I don't know what this means as I haven't spoken to the doc.

{{''this lady's electrophysiology is quite clear in that it shows s1 innovated neurogenic change which is indicative of lumbar pathology'' }}

what does that mean in english please, and does it show there is nerve dammage? I cannot understand why my problems do not relate to the dermotone maps, s1 probs are not the same as the ones I have???? Anyone got any ideas please.

Thank you
bev xx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I interviewed a while ago one woman who got both of her sacroiliac joints (sij) subluxated while giving birth. She got urinal problems, pubis pain, leg weaknes and bad low back pain. She suffered 10 years in pain. No doctor knew how to help. She wore sij-belt, but it helped only a little. Then she found great help when one skilled pt pushed both of her sij:s back to their original place. She have been feeling great since then and that was over a year ago.
|

replied September 20th, 2009
I have had neck surgery, and are having scans for the rest of the spine. I have suffered numbness in my right groin area, also numbness in feet and right thigh.

I have had nerve conduction studies (given mild electric shocks to see which nerves are damaged in my arms) Don't know why they did my arms and not my legs!

All I know is my feelings are not what they should be!

I have had vaginal swelling and dysfunctional problems. Sorry to be so blunt, but has anyone suffered this?
|

replied July 3rd, 2012
My siatica is very bad. My lower right abdomen and groin area went numb for about a week with a bulge. I had a c section 28 years ago so where the incision is down into the groin area to the crease where my right thigh meets the groin. What would cause this area to go numb, but yet feel "fluttering" feeling? No pain, fever, nausea, discharge etc.
|