Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Health Insurance For the Disabled

I have a work related injury & am concerned about health insurance to cover myself. I am a single 43 year old male. What type of healthcare insurance is available for the disabled from the goverment or state of pa.? I know I will be eligible for medicare but doesn't cover my prescriptions I need for other ilness. Can anyone please help me?Also if I am able to return to work . Where would I be able to educational opportunities from the state or goverment to help pay for schooling. I had worked as a nuclear medicine technologist & radiological technologist for 20 years but due to the physcial nature of the job my career has been ruined which isn't fair for saving someone from falling so they wouldn't injury themself. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
Health Insurance
Medicare does not cover all meds, but some. I also have aarp but they only discount meds. With medicare you can also get supplemental insurance
|

replied September 29th, 2004
Insurance
What about prescription plans for immunosuppressive drugs (post kidney transplant) when medicare is going to run out? The cost of these drugs are astronomical. Is there a prescription plan that will pay for a good portion of them? Right now medicare pays 80%, and even after that - I pay close to $600.00 per month.
|

replied September 30th, 2004
Medicare supplement contracts are not readily available for pre-65 medicare participants. There is one carrier that I am aware of that offers a supp but it is very limited in benefiit and pricey. It may not be available in your state.

There are some rx plans that might help. Without knowing more about your situation it is difficult to really make an assessment.

Bob vineyard, clu
|

replied October 1st, 2004
Why would someone pay for a discount rx plan when there are many free plans available?

Medical discount plans are already available in many states. If that is what someone wants they dont have to wait until 2005. For less than $25/month a family can be covered for discounts on rx, dental, vision, chiro, doctor, lab and hospital.

Bob vineyard, clu
|

Rx Plans
Bob, i'm interested in finding out more about what you know on discount rx plans. Do you have specific names or web address to check out? I have just relocated to florida and am unaware of what is offered here.

Lisa - I looked into your website, and it would be helpful if you would list the generic rx drugs that are discounted through ameriplan.

Thank you both for your helpful replys.

Amy
|

Nothing to post . . .

The offerings I use for my clients are not web-based. They are freebies I use for promotion.

Bob vineyard, clu
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Maternity
Hello

I need your advice regarding Maternity Health Insurance.

Me & my wife have health insurance, but maternity coverage was not included. While I wanted to add the maternity coverage the insurance company said it has 12 months "waiting period" -- means she can get pregnant after 12 months from now-- not within the waiting period.

Do you know any other option available ? She is planning to get pregnant in this month.
Thanks .
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile