Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Want to Skip My Period..

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I'm on yaz & just started my period today. So if the timing goes correctly [somewhere from 27-30 days] then that will put next months period being right there at christmas and the week after. I definitely don't want to be miserable during this time & i'm thinking about skipping my placebos for next month.

Should I expect a heavier period the month after or any spotting?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Skipping the placebo's is fine.

As the hormones in the pill inhibit the growth of the uterine lining I doubt you would find it significantly heavier.

But it is a possibility and break through spotting is a possibility but a little spotting isn't as bad as having a full on period through christmas.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2006
Experienced User
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Want to Skip My Period But Am Not On Birth Control..........
I'm leaving for vacation on the 26th and i usually get my period the last week of the month. I don't want to get my period when I go on vacation and I am not taking any birth control.....how can I skip it? Should I start taking a birth control so I can skip it that week?
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If you start birth control now or next week, your period should come during the placebo week, after your vacation.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Want to skip my period
I am supposed to get my period this Wednesday and have plans and don't want to get it. If I begin taking birth control on Sunday will it stop my period for coming? Or is it not enough time for me to be on birth control and the hormones in my body and I will still get my period?
|

replied July 30th, 2012
stop my period
I am not on the pill at all I want not to have my period my little sites is on yaz can I take a pack and not have my period I am 34
|

replied July 31st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Without being on the pill you can't just skip a period.
|