Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Hypoglycemia Question

I notice that people talk about having a crash. Are you guy's only suffering from symptoms like for a 1 or 2 hours and then it goes away?Im constantly weak and feel depressed. Im just trying to make sure I am actually hypoglycemic. I do notice different things happen when I eat. But nothing to make me feel a whole lot better. Maybe just makes me happy for like 1 hour. Still cant concentrate at all. Then again my blood test results came back hypo. I guess I feel like im not getting anywhere.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Eurocook
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2006
Community Volunteer
How long has it been again? Remind me what you're currently eating.
|

Experienced User
Damn this forum stresses me out when it loses what I just typed. Anyways.

The last time I went out and drank was sept 30th, so oct 5 th is probably my start date since the beer reaction probably took a week to fade away. There has been times I ate like 5 triscuits, apple sauce, soymilk, 5-10 fritos cause I needed something quick. I didnt think it would do to much. Also I had mashed potatos last wednesday probably cause I was starting to get the improvement thought it wouldnt do anything bad. Im guessin thats why I feel bad now. Who knows.
Here is what I eat :

breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal and sometimes an apple with it.

Lunch: chicken, whole grain rice or brocolli, apple, and some almonds or walnuts.

Lately ive been going to wendy's for a baked potato with sour cram, and pulling the meat off the hamburgers. By the way can the little bit of mustard and ketchup be bad? Also I had a chicken caesar salad a couple times for lunch. And also some chicken tenders for lunch.

I eat one of the above depending if im on the go for the later lunch.

Dinner: is usually chicken, brocoli or brown rice, almonds , apple.

I hate vegetables, brocolii is the only thing I can tolerate which has only 4gs carbs per serving. (like 8 pieces) so I try to get my 100grams from the fruit, potatos, rice, almonds

let me know stan. I know I gotta frustrate you with what I eat. Tell me what I should take out if any.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Well, I must say, you're certainly not eating as well as you could be. Potatoes are one of the worst vegetables and have the highest glycemic index out of all of them I believe. Root vegetables are pretty nasty for some of us. The problem with you seems to be you keep screwing up here and there and don't seem to realize yet how little it takes to ruin your body for a day or several. A handful of fritos could put someone down for a week or more, I know it would for me. Try to always think of this like a food allergy and you'll understand it better I think. 2 packets of oatmeal sounds like a lot, I hope it's at least plain. A whole apple at once is pretty heavy too. I don't think mustard is too bad, other than the crappy ingredients they put in it, but ketchup has some of the worst types of sugar in it, so I guess you're starting from scratch again.
|

Experienced User
Yeah I figured. I keep messing up. What really messed me up was I was waiting for the playstation 3 to come out at wal mart over night. I had to eat what they had there at that time. And it was hard to leave unless you had someone hold your spot. Yeah it was ridiculous to wait but I pre sold it so I had to. But anyways, so everytime you mess up your pretty much going back to the beginning? I actually started feeling better after I got home from work. I had a half of an orange, some nuts, and chicken and I started feeling relief. The oatmeal is plain, I get the organic box but it seems its the same as original. I will cut down on the apples and make sure I dont screw up.(i sound like a broken record) are salads okay to eat? Mainly asking about dressing? Caeser, ranch? Also chicken tenders that have crispy skin? Thanks for your help man, you give me that hope when im down from my screw ups.
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Man, I told you before, bring your food with you. Feck everyone else. You don't really go back to the beginning, but since you haven't even reached your best position in treatment yet it's going to take that much longer. Set backs before you actually get well aren't worth your time. Salads are fine, I recommend making them from romaine or green leaf lettuce. Iceberg is worthless, it has like no nutritional value at all so don't even bother. Are you being serious? You just asked me about dressing?!!!!!!!! Never, ever, read the label if you'e been using it and don't be surprised at what you'll find. You need to learn to make it yourself. Here's my easy recipe to start: take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or 1/2), mix it with a tablespoon of organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (use this as the base for all dressings you make), mix in a bix of italian seasoning (easily found organic in small containers for cheap), organic black pepper, some sea salt, stir and then add to your salad. You'll be surprised how incredible this tastes. Chicken tenders? Come on man, get serious, are you being serious? Breading! Hello? Friend foods are severely taxing on the liver, which will in turn screw up your pancreas. Eating wendys eh? Man, do you ever need work.
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2009
My Hypoglycemia has been going nuts
I am 49 and I have had Hypoglycemia all my life I am so sick of it it's driving me nuts. I tried all most every thing trying to keep my sugar normal but the last 3 mos my life has been so stress-full I think that's why ? I am vary hyper person I woke out 5 days a week. I try not to eat sugars but that is not working and I don't know what to do anymore ? can anyone help ?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Read my diet on this forum.
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
Hi, I am also hypoglycemic and the root causes for this condition has many. It could be your liver, or kidneys,your adrenals, in my case, I dont absorb the nutrients in my food causing me to be constantly depleted.Im doing bifodophilis in theraputic amounts to clean things out in my digestive system and digestive enzymes to help me get more nutrients from my food. Most hypoglycemics cant tolerate heat. Taking minerals is important for hypoglycemics. Colloidal minerals with an adrenal complex. I also have to watch my diet because I am drawn to sugar and bad things and I always pay the price. I eat steel oats for breakfast, the kind that takes 30 minutes to make. I top it off with some raw nuts and blueberries. Raw nuts really give me a boost, but I never get a boost from processed nuts. I also eat fresh garlic, that really makes me feel good, but I take it after a meal and not on an empty stomach. If you have to eat carbs, buy esikeil bread, I think I mispelled that, I eat pasta made from brown rice. I eat the brown rice that takes an hour to cook. stay away from refined carbs, and stick with complex carbs. along with protein and whole grains.I wish I could tell you about more supplements that would work. Dr. christopher use to make a formula for hypoglycemics that worked like a charm for me. I have tried other formulas on the market and I havent been happpy with any of them, However, I can tell you that in the heat of the summer, colloidal minerals are your best friend Furthermore,clean out with some friendly bacteria so when you do take these supplements you will get so much more out of them. I do feel alot better, but if I had to go back to work where I am not near a refrigerator, I dont think I could handle it. Again, every case is diffrent. When my energy is low I also respond to echincia and goldenseal. I suspect that there are some viral things that go along with being hypoglycemic.Dont go just for the energy supplements and all that is recomended for this condition. Try some of these viral,antifungal,antibacterial type formulas.Most of all be careful with apple cider vinegar. Taken in large quantities it will draw out the potassium in your cells. That is a mineral that hypoglycemics cant do without. There is so much more to tell and share but it would take me ten years to tell you about it. It has been a journey and I have discovered so much about being healthy. I was able to beat a sinus infection along with an allergy with nothing but home remedies. That my friend is freedom. Take care and there is hope if you faint not.
|

replied June 8th, 2011
Apple Cider Vinegar and Hypoglycemia
Can you please tell me how much is to much on the apple cider vinegar. I've been wanting to use this as a parasite deterrent after I complete my parasite cleanse. I've had hypoglycemic for 20 years and now I'm wondering if I should use the vinegar at all.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Vinegar should be fine, but try organic red wine or white distilled. Apple cider is actually probably the best for you but it will cause you to metabolize faster and you might lose some weight or see a slight increase in how often you go to the bathroom.
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
Hypoglycemia and apple cider vinegar.
Thanks guys, I didn't know anything about this hypoglycemia I have had almost all my life, it seems. I just know that when I used to go on the low carb diet, I always felt good. Now I know why I can't stand the heat, and lots of good things. according to Mariexyz & others. I always cook healthy, and I feel good most of the time, but I get tired days. I didn't know it had anything to do with what I ate, because don't hardly ever eat junk food, I have lost weigh some, but I can't give up eating. I love a baked potato and it gives one potassium which we need, right? I have bought some protein shakes from the health food store made with soya, not whey and they fill me up and make my blood sugar good, so I am not hungry. There is probably lots more I need to learn. At the health store, I was told, that if you rub apple cider vinegar & olive oil onto your stomach fat for 5 min. before you shower, it will get rid of toxins which hold in the fat and you lose the fat - seems to help with exercise too, but I don't want to lose potassium either. Jee guys, thanks for all your help. One thing I do believe in is Prayer, and I have seen it work when everything else fails, not that God doesn't send us people to help, like naturalpaths and friends too. Thanks again.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
I have recently found that I have hypoglycemic symptoms! It's been a scary experience bc I have EXCESSIVE sweats, shakiness in my body and hands, "out of it" feeling of confusion, excessive hunger like I could eat everything in sight! Then, I figured, OMG! I have hypoglycemia! After reading your blog, someone mentioned not to take too much Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), and I do! It has been a good companion to me in my water bottle. It has helped get rid of my seasonal allergies (which I have year round!). I don't go to the dr. but, maybe 1x/yr now where before, I used to have to get antibiotics 4 or 5x/yr. BUT, MAYBE that's why I've suddenly suffered with hypoglycemia! MAYBE I'm drinking too much ACV in my water bottle?? I pour out approximately 3-4 tablespoons per cup and drank it throughout the day and night. It seemed like I was ALWAYS thirsty. Also, I have restless leg syndrome. Is that related to the ACV too? My mother was late onset diabetic and I thought I would be diabetic, but, my regular checkups showed I wasn't. I also, just recently stoppe drinking wine, since it seemed to make my hands swell up and I didn't have a good feeling the next morning. PlEASE help! I'm new at this crazy excessive sweats and out of it feelings of urgency. Should I stop the daily ACV mix in my water?
|