Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

Research-postpartum Depression

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi,

i am an undergraduate student devoting my entire third year project to postpartum depression.

Please take part in my research looking into how sleep disturbances and social support may be risk factors for postpartum depression.

I state in the study that you have to be within 6 months postpartum to take part, however, if slightly over then please still take part.

thank you.

Last edited by jee104 on December 11th, 2006 02:33 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank jee104 for this post: randjsmom 

replied December 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Its eight months since I gave birth but I have pnd if theres anything I can do to help?
|

replied December 4th, 2006
Re: Post Partum Depression
The 2nd link on the links page tells about the continuum concept. It explains what causes the ppm. See the testimonials about the book. I cannot create a link to the page so click on links from this home page below.

Edit
|

replied December 11th, 2006
Research
Hi,

apologies for the above link which doesn't work. It is in fact the right link but the forum automatically changes letters to capitals after full stops which I can't seem to change. The link below is right but the psychology, soton, ac, uk should all be in lower case, as well as the php and survey. The id after survey should be capitals

http://www.Psychology.Soton.Ac.Uk/psychosu rvey/survey_start.Php?Surveyid=127

in reply to sarah, I really appreciate your interest and help. The study asks your baby's age, therefore I will be able to adjust my results accordingly for those more than 6 months postpartum, so please feel free to take part.

To mothers in general, the study takes no longer than 10 minutes, so if you have recently given birth please take part in the research.

Thank you.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Re: Post Partum Depression
ginkgo wrote:
the 2nd link on the links page tells about the continuum concept. It explains what causes the ppm. See the testimonials about the book. I cannot create a link to the page so click on links from this home page below.

Edit

please be advised that a recent post you've made to the postpartum depression forum is considered spam. Please discontinue posts that sell or promote items, or posts that contain outside links. If you continue to post commercial messages, we will close your account. Following is our posting guidelines as regards advertising.

Thank you in advance for complying with our posting guidelines. We’re happy that you’re here at ehealthforum and hope we hear from you soon. Happy posting!

-admin