Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feel Terrible At Weekends

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
For about the past five years i've been feeling terrible, but only at weekends and all through monday. I work monday to friday and on saturday's, usually at late afternoon I start to get a foggy feeling in my head and a dull headache, this carries on through sunday, also developing a bad taste in my mouth, palpitations, the heart beat can really be felt through sunday afternoon and evening. By sunday night I just feel terrible, like jetlagged, fatigued, headache around the front of the head, generally feel blue, don't want to interact with people and usually struggle to get to sleep on sunday night. It's like my head is buzzing with loads of thoughts and can't relax enough to go straight to sleep like I usually can. Can't remember the last time I woke on a monday morning and felt fresh for the new week, the symptoms carry on through monday feeling like a hangover all day, the whole thing starts to reside as the working day passes and I get back into things. By monday night it's a dull headache but wearing off. Wake up tuesday and feel ok again. I know this must sound really strange, how can this just happen at weekends, whats going on? I've tried getting up early at weekends, laying in late, eating at the same times as I do in the week. Nothing seems to prevent this 'feeling' from coming on. I do suffer from anxiety and some social phobia, for which I take st. Johns wort (for the pas year) but my wife and I get out and about a bit on saturdays, usually morning and early afternoon, before I know that this 2 day uninvited hangover is about to strike. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2006
I guess nobody has an idea about this? It's that time of week again Confused
|

replied December 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hi jamie,
it is hard to tell when my anxiety is at is worse. Maybe you are anxious because you think that you might have to go somewhere or do something out of your comfort zone on weekends and during the week your life is structure so you know where you will be and when etc!

I have only heard bad things about st johns wart - so be careful with that
|

replied December 11th, 2010
weekend Anxiety
I feel the same way.....I think that it is not keeping your mind focused on specific task. At work we have goals that need to be fulfilled immediately. On the weekends, we have so many things that we need to do but no specific task that we need to work through immediately so our mind starts to think.
I am currently working through the same problem. Try to get up early, and set clear goals for your day, relax and focus on those specific goals. I am not a doctor but i believe that this anxiety that we are feeling needs to be worked on slowly because I believe that i developed slowly.
|

replied December 11th, 2010
I feel the same way.....I think that it is not keeping your mind focused on specific task. At work we have goals that need to be fulfilled immediately. On the weekends, we have so many things that we need to do but no specific task that we need to work through immediately so our mind starts to think.
I am currently working through the same problem. Try to get up early, and set clear goals for your day, relax and focus on those specific goals. I am not a doctor but i believe that this anxiety that we are feeling needs to be worked on slowly because I believe that i developed slowly.
|